Season Ticket Renewal

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

I'm renewing, who else is?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I will but I’m still considering cutting back from three seats to two. The price cut on end-zone and corner seats is a nice bonus.
David
Team Captain

Yes, two seats. Not thrilled our tickets are marginally increasing after such a monumentally disappointing season (they've got some set of cajones!) but will renew before 12/1 to get the $40 perks.

But I rationalize it that we (Coach's Sideline season ticket holders) are funding the decreases in the end-zone. So if it helps get more people in the building (crosses fingers) then it is worth it. Honestly, I would pay extra on my tickets if it would somehow guarantee a better atmosphere. It is not fun being in a building with so many empty seats some nights. The players aren't likely as motivated either which (partially) explains some lackluster play and slow starts IMO.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
The_Pauser
Legend

I'll be renewing all 3 of mine.
Roar you Lions roar!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I was able to make 6 of 8 despite living in PG and working in Castlegar for the past 5 week. I'll probably pass on the season finale. I've been able to make at least 6 per season since I got back onboard in 2011. As long as I can continue to make at least 6 I'll always be in. Not sure about my sidekick who I think was only able to make 2 or 3 due to vacations and other commitments. We each have a single to make up the pair. We didn't discuss renewals Saturday night. He might be at the point where he can't justify it. Overall we're at a point where it doesn't totally make sense to buy STs versus single game but I like the ST perk of getting better access to GC seats as ST holders from other teams slot in after the host ST holders and before general public or those paying deposits in advance.

For myself my work may take me too far away to make many games in 2018. The project I'm on will see me at some mills in the US Pacific Northwest (no problem there) and lower mainland (I can only dream that would happen in football season). It will also see me in some mills in the deep south. I have a feeling it'll be down into the deep south if not by the start of the season then shortly after it starts. I'll probably go for it anyways given how painless the payment plan makes things. I don't even notice the $75/month.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
hwgill
Legend

I'll be renewing my 4 seats, even though I have missed 3 games. But man, what a disappointing season. :(
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
CardiacKid
Legend

I am pretty sure we will be renewing. It’s our perk as far as live entertainment goes and one we can afford (no kids!).

Despite the downer of this season, I surprise myself and remain upbeat for this group of players going into the future. And that is really why we go, to support any and all Leo’s and show our love for the CFL game.

As for the more pessimistic side of my Lion’s fan personality, that is attuned to the massive question mark surrounding the operational side of the team and it’s ownership and leadership. And for what it’s worth, I feel my opinion is worth more if I have spent/invested $ in tickets to back it up.
Last edited by CardiacKid on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtrain
Starter

I’m in.
I savour the night out with my group of friends as much as what’s happening on the field. Guess i’m mellowing out.
Looking forward to better results (hopefully!)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Here's the Lions' response to my email:

"Thank you for your email. I will pass your comments along to the appropriate parties.

I know that our owner, David Braley, is committed to creating a successful team and environment as he has been over the last 21 years.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out."

As to whether I'm going to renew, I'll probably wait til training camp to decide. Going to see what changes the Lions will be making before deciding. I can afford to wait. It's not as if fans are knocking down the doors to buy tickets.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 pm
As to whether I'm going to renew, I'll probably wait til training camp to decide. Going to see what changes the Lions will be making before deciding. I can afford to wait. It's not as if fans are knocking down the doors to buy tickets.
Ditto. My reason is also to get better idea of my son's life. He has been going to games with me since 2004. He is now 19, going to school, working part-time and playing senior men's soccer. Home games are Saturdays at 6 and he works every Friday so he has missed the last six Lions games.

If it wasn't for bleeding orange and black, I would ask myself why buy season tickets? Massive inventory of seats available for every game (in fact my old seats from 2 years ago before moving remain empty for almost every game).
10 years ago you had to have season tickets if you wanted to sit in the lower bowl between the goal lines as it was basically sold out on both sides. How times have changed.
Every home game is televised and the 29 percent savings isn't exactly enormous given that factors in a pre-season game and perhaps some undesirable Eastern teams too.

Letting their season ticket base erode over the last decade and remarkably staying with same pricing structure for the most part is astonishing. Tom Mayenecht even pointed this out on 3rd Down Radio last night. This is where their stale business plan has failed miserably.
Huge Talent
Starter

Really enjoy live football, especially sitting mid field... Not exactly something 99.9% of us could afford at an NFL stadium. As long as I live reasonably close to or have convenient access to downtown, they'll have my renewal, regardless of the state of the team.

That said, I only do a single, adding another seat here and there as needed. Just no real interest amongst my friends. Wife doesn't care for football, and taking the baby is anything but relaxing.

Hoping the team gets a decent marketing strategy together, generating enough interest where I can at least give a second seat away to friends etc. Just can't justify an extra $749 for an empty seat over half the games.. Or maybe it's not the team but the company!? Lol
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

we'll be renewing our 4.

a very disappointing season, but we're still going to support the players
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

wife and her friend will be renewing
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
InUrFace
Rookie

After reading about you fans renewing your season tickets. Its got me to think and I'll say this polite as I possible.
Half of you on here complain about everything that has taken place with this team. From ownership to coaches, players and Wally of course. Yet, I hear on this site you fans want change and you sound like you fighting for it.

So tell me why in the F'n would you be so fast in buying season tickets when the change hasnt taken place. Dont you think if they see season ticket holders renewing it makes them think oh wait they still believe in Wally and the system and coaches. You guys cry so much complain out the ass yet you jump the gun before anything is clear with the direction this football organization is going. Yes we hear through the media, TV, Radio blah blah. About the team selling then not ..Wally retiring but maybe not. So do you guys think its necessary to show support yet. Let voices of the fans be heard give uncertainty to renewing but no... you guys just made that much easier for them to keep Wally if the team dont sell. Then you guys show support to the owner to renew tickets and for what.

Well all I have to say Im frustrated with fans like this you cry wolf and dont take a stand against the problem so now dont blame the team or coaches next season if you have the same boring unexciting product on the field with the same type of boring coaches. The only blame you can have is looking at yourself in the mirror.

So sick of fans like this. Real fans who bleed orange want change stick up and make a stand ..they dont throw in a towel and surrender. You make my head shake.

As a fan I have made much noise letting my voice being heard from radio, FB, here, blogs, TSN, three down radio. post games etc etc. Ive let them hear and notice my frustration.

What have you all done. Nada but renew your freaking tickets. make comments on here how bad things are. You guys frustrate me. Im out! No words for you all!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

InUrFace wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:15 am
After reading about you fans renewing your season tickets. Its got me to think and I'll say this polite as I possible.
Half of you on here complain about everything that has taken place with this team. From ownership to coaches, players and Wally of course. Yet, I hear on this site you fans want change and you sound like you fighting for it.

So tell me why in the F'n would you be so fast in buying season tickets when the change hasnt taken place. Dont you think if they see season ticket holders renewing it makes them think oh wait they still believe in Wally and the system and coaches. You guys cry so much complain out the ass yet you jump the gun before anything is clear with the direction this football organization is going. Yes we hear through the media, TV, Radio blah blah. About the team selling then not ..Wally retiring but maybe not. So do you guys think its necessary to show support yet. Let voices of the fans be heard give uncertainty to renewing but no... you guys just made that much easier for them to keep Wally if the team dont sell. Then you guys show support to the owner to renew tickets and for what.

Well all I have to say Im frustrated with fans like this you cry wolf and dont take a stand against the problem so now dont blame the team or coaches next season if you have the same boring unexciting product on the field with the same type of boring coaches. The only blame you can have is looking at yourself in the mirror.

So sick of fans like this. Real fans who bleed orange want change stick up and make a stand ..they dont throw in a towel and surrender. You make my head shake.

As a fan I have made much noise letting my voice being heard from radio, FB, here, blogs, TSN, three down radio. post games etc etc. Ive let them hear and notice my frustration.

What have you all done. Nada but renew your freaking tickets. make comments on here how bad things are. You guys frustrate me. Im out! No words for you all!
Excellent post. I was one of the fans you described. For 5 decades I automatically plunked my hard earned money when I got my season ticket renewal. Not anymore, for the past 5 seasons I've been questioning the direction the Lions are going. I've spoken with Buono personally, have written letters to Dennis Skulsky. I have already written to my Customer Representative when I received my renewal notice and will again when the season ends.