CFL Games of Week 19, October 27 - October 28, 2017

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:02 pm
Kavis Reed and Darian Durant. There is a formula for ... what? Pouting?
Jason Maas has overtaken Kavis Reed as the most animated head coach. It seems like Maas could go off at any time against anyone or anything. Reed was the same way when he was in Edmonton but he seems resigned to his team's suffering in Montreal. When something goes wrong, he just seems to sigh and shake his head. I'm sure he'll be happy to leave the sidelines at the end of the year and put someone else in the spotlight.
Yes, Kavis has put on quite the public performances. He looks so subdued on the sidelines now. Almost sympathetic.

I have not really thought much about his ability as a football coach or manager. His antics tend to get the attention. His pacing locker room rants with the Eskimos were legendary and worthy of a TV reality show.

Maas shows some mean-spiritedness. That berating of McDiarmid was horrible. Terrible leadership. Terrible management.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm
Jason Maas has overtaken Kavis Reed as the most animated head coach. It seems like Maas could go off at any time against anyone or anything.
:thup: :thup:
David
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:58 am
Media picks

2017-10-26_1156.png
Hmmm. Interesting. Anyone else surprised that all but one pundit has picked the Esks over the Stamps?? I know Calgary played like crap against Saskatchewan last week, but I can't see a Dave Dickenson team laying two eggs in a row. I am betting on the bounce back.

Besides, Edmonton really didn't impress me too much last week. We really just handed them the game with a nice pink (women's cancers) bow.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:52 pm
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Media picks

2017-10-26_1156.png
Hmmm. Interesting. Anyone else surprised that all but one pundit has picked the Esks over the Stamps?? I know Calgary played like crap against Saskatchewan last week, but I can't see a Dave Dickenson team laying two eggs in a row. I am betting on the bounce back.

Besides, Edmonton really didn't impress me too much last week. We really just handed them the game with a nice pink (women's cancers) bow.

No. The Stamps are without receivers Marquay McDaniel and Marken Michel. Bo Levi Mitchell is still hampered by a nagging shoulder injury and may not play the whole game. Mitchell hasn’t thrown for over 300 yards since Aug. 26. In the past 7 games he has completed just under 62% of his passes and has thrown as many interceptions (6) as touchdowns. Calgary has been winninng this year on defence and special teams. That may not be enough to beat the Esks on the road.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

June Jones demonstrating once again what a difference a coach can make in football.

Forde says: ''Brandon Banks the biggest beneficiary of the coaching change.''

TiCats 19-3.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:52 pm
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Media picks

2017-10-26_1156.png

Not really surprised. Mass is emotionally out of control, but I expect he is very good tactically.

Stampeders. I don't think they are superior in talent, but are well coached. BLM not 100%. Tough to stay hungry with all their success under Huf and Dickie.

One surprise is how well Claybrook's defence plays.

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Wild, wacky game in Ottawa. The Redblacks commit 5 turnovers (to none for Hamilton) but still pull off a last-minute 41-36 victory to keep their hopes alive for a first-place finish. The Lions can give Ottawa the first-place finish and bye by defeating the Argos next week.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders leading the Als 37-12 in the 4th quarter. Kavis Reed still winless
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:25 pm
Wild, wacky game in Ottawa. The Redblacks commit 5 turnovers (to none for Hamilton) but still pull off a last-minute 41-36 victory to keep their hopes alive for a first-place finish. The Lions can give Ottawa the first-place finish and bye by defeating the Argos next week.
More hated by Wally who always knows best plays by a bad team. OTT short punts and recovers the onside kick and then has the punter run right and pass back to the left (only to have the receiver drop a sure ball! BAD BAD .. but they do make the playoffs.

CGY can be beat by the Esks as noted (down a couple of REC) and as noted by commentators they're not the same now and BLM is likely more banged up than he normally is. Also the scourge of sailing atop first place is seemingly an issue for them.

Lions in tough in WPG today.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

16-6 EDM

Now 16-13

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lots of good, hard-hitting football being played. Five of six playoff positions are still on the line, and the Lions have a role in helping decide some of those positions. This is playoff-style football.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

29-20 Schmos

Not really a surprise,

Stampeders not world beaters. Good to see.

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Bombers and Stamps have both lost two in a row for the first time this year. They play each other next week, and neither team wants to go into the playoffs on a three-game losing streak.

The streaky Esks, meanwhiile, have now won four a row.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good to see Calgary lose another one.
BC 1988
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:00 am
Good to see Calgary lose another one.
I saw on cfl.ca a few hours ago that CGY had a "quick6" 6 hour flash sale promotion for $20 Western Final tickets. They probably have a large inventory of cheap seats in that beat-up old stadium, but that shows a lack of buzz. Winning is getting boring there.