CFL Games of Week 19, October 27 - October 28, 2017

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:19 pm
The Bombers and Stamps have both lost two in a row for the first time this year. They play each other next week, and neither team wants to go into the playoffs on a three-game losing streak.

The streaky Esks, meanwhiile, have now won four a row.
Looking at it from the standpoint of a CFL fan (with BC out), it's a really interesting final weekend. I haven't checked who holds the tiebreakers, but is it true that even the Crossover position is not locked in by SSK yet? After what happened to EDM last season in OTT, I'm not sure any West team is regarding that as a sure ticket to the GC.

The Argos will have a lot to play for this Saturday. OTT will be cheering for BC to come through as spoilers. That rare OT tie at the beginning of the season looms large now.

EDIT: I see this new article clarifies the tiebreakers a bit (SSK holds the tiebreaker over EDM) but what about a WPG loss and SSK win, which results in all 3 ending with 22 points? Would that put WPG in the Crossover spot?
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/10/29/playoff-s ... s-week-20/
Last edited by BC 1988 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

BC 1988 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:21 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:19 pm
The Bombers and Stamps have both lost two in a row for the first time this year. They play each other next week, and neither team wants to go into the playoffs on a three-game losing streak.

The streaky Esks, meanwhiile, have now won four a row.
Looking at it from the standpoint of a CFL fan (with BC out), it's a really interesting final weekend. I haven't checked who holds the tiebreakers, but is it true that even the Wild Card position is not locked in by SSK yet? After what happened to EDM last season in OTT, I'm not sure any West team is regarding that as a sure ticket to the GC.

The Argos will have a lot to play for this Saturday. OTT will be cheering for BC to come through as spoilers. That rare OT tie at the beginning of the season looms large now.
Still lots of potential scenarios. In the event of a three-way tie in the West, Winnipeg would get second place on the basis of a better record against the other two teams, Saskatchewan would get third and Edmonton would be the crossover team. The Eskimos are winless against Saskatchewan and Winnipeg this year but they can still finish second if they win their final game and Winnipeg loses.
BC 1988
Legend

Thanks B.C.FAN for clarifying the fate of WPG. (They can't end up in the Crossover no matter what). I'm not sure if they would have wanted the Crossover anyway with their QB injury situation. BLM is also hurting, but he has 3 weeks to heal up.