CFL Games of Week 15, September 29 -- September 30

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Here is cfl.ca Cauz's annual “What is every team in the CFL thankful for?” column he writes prior to every Thanksgiving.

He, like so many others, believed this was going to be a very successful B.C. Lions football season.

If we make the cross-over, who knows what could happen but we have to get into the playoffs first.
I’m guessing for most people reading this, you’re thankful for health in your family and that second slice of pumpkin pie. But what should each team in the league be most thankful for? I’m glad you asked. Here is what I have come up:

BC Lions

Oh boy, this is a hard one considering I had the Lions in the Grey Cup and Jonathon Jennings winning the MOP.

Hmmm, well you can be thankful that Solomon Elimimian is banging out yet another 100-tackle season. It’s like his 2014 Achilles injury never happened!

Travis Lulay proved he still has plenty left in the tank when he’s healthy… yikes let’s not mention the word “injury” with Lulay.

Hey, Alex Bazzie is back! That’s good news; I mean that dude is a badass when it comes to getting to the quarterback.

All right, I’m going to be honest, I am disappointed with the Lions 2017 season. With the talent on this team and their exciting come-from-behind playoff win over Winnipeg last year I had massive expectations for this squad and, sadly, they have been not been realized.

Big picture: Jennings is still young and the front office is smart enough to make the right changes for a more satisfying 2018.

At the very least, the team has a good deal for a swanky seven-night Mexican vacation in March, so that is something to be thankful for … Right?
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)