Als hire Ken Miller as offensive consultant

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:28 pm
CardiacKid wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:46 pm
Funny...this weekend I added a post where I mused out loud about the potential benefits of the Lions hiring an offensive consultant.

Durant is obviously struggling and today's game could have been the nadir of his career. He clearly valued his relationship with Miller when they were both with the Rider organization. The Als are obviously banking on Miller resuscitating Durant before he completely vanishes into abject futility.

Perhaps a development for the Lions to take note of?
I wonder if Montreal hired Miller to help resuscitate Durant or to help Calvillo understand Durant and how best to use him. I listened to quite a bit of Montreal's game Sunday on sat radio with the Larks' home broadcast crew which includes Davis Sanchez providing commentary. They pondered the effectiveness of AC calling plays for DD. In their opinion what AC liked to run and was very successful with as a QB is a game that doesn't fit Durant's strengths.
Anthony Calvillo deserves full credit for his outstanding football career.

But IMO he has shown little in the way of being an effective football coach. He seems very remote. He seemed that way as a player. This CFL fan wonders if he is that way as a coach.

I was trying to remember the coach that Durant seemingly ran out of Regina. I looked it up. Greg Marshall. One supposes that if Durant was playing well, not throwing a number of balls below the receiver's feet, and if he and Jacques Chapdelaine had a good working relationship, that the debacle in Montreal might have been avoided.

Just IMO, once again.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

An outstanding football career does not automatically translate into an outstanding coach. Calvillo may be another in a long list of players that can't make the transition into coaching.