QB, now what?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:47 pm
Isn't Manziel still a rich kid big party guy? And didn't he buy his way out of an assaulting his girlfriend charge? NO THANKS is my initial reaction but if he has successfully rehabilitated himself then I guess a second chance is called for.
Yes, Manziel has to meet with CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie and convince him of his good character before he is allowed to sign with anyone. Given the way Ambrosie stepped in to block the hiring of Art Briles as offensive coordinator in Hamilton, I wouldn't invest in a CFL Manziel jersey anytime soon.
mountaincat
Rookie

"johnny football" is a terrible human being who doesn't actually give a crap about football anymore. i absolutely detest anyone who is trying to lure him into the CFL for any reason. get a grip people!!

yes, he did buy his way out of jail time (via an out of court settlement with the victim, plus a restraining order) for the indictment of threatening to kill his g/f and himself, and hitting her so hard that he ruptured her eardrum.

these are a few choice words from his own father:
He's a druggie ... Hopefully he doesn't die before he comes to his senses. That's about all you can say. I don't know what else to say ... Like I said, there are two things that are going to happen: He's either going to die, or he's going to figure out that he needs help.
on the extent to which his family has already tried to help him (they tried many times and eventually gave up):
We're so far past that. That was years ago. We're so far past what everybody thinks we are past. People are ignorant. It's just a horrible story. That's all there is to it. I mean, I hate to say it, but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him ... If I have to bury him, I'll bury him. That's the fact.
source of these quotes: http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/articl ... xt-message
don corleone
Starter

Those close to the team will soon have a good idea about Mitch Gale after a few practices but if I recall from his earlier stints around the league he is more of a Matt Nichols stand in the pocket and progress through his reads type guy.

Not sure the oline is up for that type of a challenge and pretty sure escapability is not high on his list of attributes but the possibility exists that you might already have the change of pace from Jon Jennings guy that can compliment him and contribute to a more diversified offence.

Game time would be the real test. Might be worth a shot.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

don corleone wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:12 pm
Those close to the team will soon have a good idea about Mitch Gale after a few practices but if I recall from his earlier stints around the league he is more of a Matt Nichols stand in the pocket and progress through his reads type guy.

Not sure the oline is up for that type of a challenge and pretty sure escapability is not high on his list of attributes but the possibility exists that you might already have the change of pace from Jon Jennings guy that can compliment him and contribute to a more diversified offence.

Game time would be the real test. Might be worth a shot.
A less than mobile pure pocket passer is what OC K. Jones seems to like as he never gets Jennings rolling out and moving the launch point. Jennings roll outs are flushed out of the pocket plays. :dizzy: :bang:
VictoriaFan
Starter

isn't Colin Kappernik jobless?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Gale is a much better option than Alex Ross if anything happens to Jennings. Ross hasn't had many snaps but he looks lost and doesn't do anything to inspire confidence.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:34 pm
Gale is a much better option than Alex Ross if anything happens to Jennings. Ross hasn't had many snaps but he looks lost and doesn't do anything to inspire confidence.
I felt that too but when I go back and see how little trust was shown him when he was in - it's understandable why he isn't settled down. They need to play this guy when they were winning where there was little pressure.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy