CFL Games of Week 13, September 15 - 17

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

3 things can happen on a pass and 2 of them are bad. Ti-Cats found out first hand yesterday.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:37 pm
3 things can happen on a pass and 2 of them are bad. Ti-Cats found out first hand yesterday.
That was a huge favourite Vic Rapp statement telling his QBs about the long bomb.

Ticat's HC is learning the game and clock management there was brutal as was the play as they ran out of time. Brutal.

James Wilder, Jr... where have you been this year !!! What a run for TO - 76 yds
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
South Pender
Legend

Good game, lots of excitement in T.O. Nice win for the Argos in front of only 13,000 fans.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Reilly gets hit in the face mask in the dying minutes and no penalty. My question for those in the know: Is there a difference in the rules between hitting a QB in the helmet vs. hit in the face mask.?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:02 pm
Reilly gets hit in the face mask in the dying minutes and no penalty. My question for those in the know: Is there a difference in the rules between hitting a QB in the helmet vs. hit in the face mask.?
No. The rule book defines "any blow above the passer’s shoulder" as roughing the passer. If the initial contact is below the facemask, incidental contact to the helmet or facemask is usually not penalized.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Edmonton has now lost 5 in a row. Maas almost lost it again on the sidelines.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 pm
^^This made my day and made the Lions loss to the Stamps not as painful, especially when I had low expectations for the Lions going in.
CardiacKid
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 pm
Too bad none of those 5 involved the Lions. Because right now it looks the team's best hope involves a log jam in the West standings and we haven't won any series.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Maas has every right to be angry. Out of challenges and two weeks in a row, Mike Reilly is taking head shots. These were serious serious hits.

The Lions - Stamps game head shots have to be dealt with or the stars of the game are going to knocked out if players don't get the right message.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Kavis Reed firing Noel Thorpe led to a first drive by Ottawa taking 8:05 and 16 plays for an 8 to 0 lead. Usually the Als defence struggles as Durant can't keep the offense on the field. A typical Durant opening coming up? First few passes the feet of receivers? Or will Reed have fired them up with a dazzling channelling of Generals and political leaders?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Durant at 0 for 6 and getting booed. He's playing for a trade back to Regina and I'm serious. Now they go to Drew Willy who is clearly not a good QB. Yikes.

Reminds of the sulky Durant who got his HC fired so he could get back his GM as coach.

___

TSN saying that Jacque was not including all coaches or player (QB) input in game planning. That was how it looked on the sidelines - zero engagement with his staff and back to engaging with players only when he was angry! Sad as I really thought he had matured. Oh and TSN saying no more hand signals from the Als sideline...lol...

Tate looks okay but got hammered.
CardiacKid
Legend

Would love to see Jamie Elizondo get some consideration for OC next year when the new VP Football Operations, GM and HC arrive. And while they are at it, maybe institute a QB coach whose duties are separate from OC.
Blitz
Team Captain

With the score 22-3 Ottawa at half time and Darian Durrant pulled in the first half, my only thought was:

Kavis Reed looks good on Darian Durrant right now and Darian Durrant looks good on Kavis Reed.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
ZLions
Rookie

Don't understand why the Als are not using Stefan Logan more in their offence? It's clear that he is more capable than only returning punts and kicks. Especially with them being blown out right now by Ottawa it can't hurt to give him a look.
Rammer
Team Captain

Durant is done after this season, his continuation with the Als will kill the fanbase. That was horrendous play from an experienced QB as can be imagined.

As for JC and not communicating...colour me surprised, not. Thankfully he isn't in the Lions system. Not communicating shows his frustrations, but it more importantly shows his lack of leadership. JC is a guy who likes it his way and only his way, but can't lead men.
Entertainment value = an all time low