o-linemen

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

seems to me that almost all o-linemen today are big tubs of lard that couldn't outrun a speeding toddler.

give me the days of nick Benjamin, chris Schultz, Jamie taras and others who could actually move with some quickness over brute weight anyday.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jamie Taras quick ?? I must have missed something during his playing days.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:20 pm
Jamie Taras quick ?? I must have missed something during his playing days.
considering he played other positions before o-line, I would think it would be expected that he would be quick for an o-lineman, at least quicker than most.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

While working a demo ski tent at Sun Peaks in the mid 90s, I had Jamie Taras as a customer. He had already switched from fullback to playing centre.

He wrote James Taras on the paperwork and I didn't realize at first who he was. He put on the paperwork that he weighed 290lbs and I looked at him and he was not fat but the one piece ski suit was snug. I said to him "don't you mean 190 lbs", he replied, "nope, 290lbs as I put a little weight on over Xmas eating mom's cooking".

I gave him the beefiest most sturdy skis that we had as he was the biggest guy I have ever had as a customer.