CFL Games of Week 11, August 31 - September 4

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 pm
Lions and Riders are heading in different directions, I fear.
Momentum in sports sure can be a funny thing. Riders getting blown out here, managed a pair of late scores after the Lions took their foot off the gas pedal and they have been rolling big time since.

Whatever Chris Jones said to his team between that home-and-home series against the Lions he needs to sell it. He essentially blew up that team and started from scratch, taking a lot of heat along the way. Now running roughshod through the West with 38 year old Kevin Glenn leading the way. Who knew?
South Pender
Legend

It's pretty impressive, isn't it, to see Kevin Glenn, a fairly mediocre quarterback (maybe slightly-better than mediocre, but certainly not great), go 26/36 (72%) for 386 yds. and 3 TDs. Amazing what a difference a good O-line makes; he seemed to have all day in the pocket on a lot of plays yesterday. We're left to wonder just how good Jennings and Lulay, and our offense, would be with the same protection.
David
Team Captain

I couldn't agree more. The difference for that Rider team lies in the improvement of their O-line. Just watch the play of the left tackle (*drools*).

Wally was interviewed by Ed Willes Saturday and seems to think the change at quarterback will make all the difference and will be keeping the roster (more or less) intact. As we saw in the Edmonton game at Commonwealth, I have my doubts. That is, I have the utmost confidence in Travis, but I don't think the line is good enough to get us to the Calgary/Edmonton level (hell, a case could even be made for Winnipeg level) - all of whom have superior pass protection to BC's IMHO.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Calgary leading Edmonton in the Battle of Alberta 11-3 after the 1st quarter. Edmonton got Konar and Bowman back from the injury list for this game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Calgary extends lead to 26-6 at the half. Game not living up to the hype so far. Edmonton struggling to establish any sort of an offensive drive.
Dusty
Champion

Listening to the Edmonton radio broadcast..... it sounds like the Stamps are completely overwhelming the Esk's O-line. The radio crew are calling for a change in QB when the Esk's get the ball back... now 36-6.
CardiacKid
Legend

South Pender wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:20 am
It's pretty impressive, isn't it, to see Kevin Glenn, a fairly mediocre quarterback (maybe slightly-better than mediocre, but certainly not great), go 26/36 (72%) for 386 yds. and 3 TDs. Amazing what a difference a good O-line makes; he seemed to have all day in the pocket on a lot of plays yesterday. We're left to wonder just how good Jennings and Lulay, and our offense, would be with the same protection.
Aren't the Riders playing 3 internationals along their Oline now? Didn't see their last game but the previous few games Dennis was moved to guard from tackle after taking a number of penalties and less than stellar play earlier this year. I am not sure that is a solid recipe for long-term success but I guess it will do for now.
Still believe that one solid hit on Glenn that sends him to the injured list, the Riders will start to ebb once more.
BC 1988
Legend

IMO the injuries are finally catching up with EDM--they did surprisingly well up until last week vs SSK.
One of the more interesting story lines is Durant in MTL and Glenn in SSK--which team will have the best results? Or will they both end up similarly mediocre?
maxlion
Legend

Ticats Argos game delayed due to lightning. A real snoozer, wonder how many fans will bother to stick around to watch the end.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Argos leading 6-0 in the 2nd quarter. Both teams struggling to move the ball into a howling wind.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Game finally resumes after a 2 hour weather delay.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton finally win their first game of the season, a 24-22 victory over the Argos. Ti-Cats got a few fortuitous calls.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

SammyGreene wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:03 am
DanoT wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 pm
Lions and Riders are heading in different directions, I fear.
Momentum in sports sure can be a funny thing. Riders getting blown out here, managed a pair of late scores after the Lions took their foot off the gas pedal and they have been rolling big time since.

Whatever Chris Jones said to his team between that home-and-home series against the Lions he needs to sell it. He essentially blew up that team and started from scratch, taking a lot of heat along the way. Now running roughshod through the West with 38 year old Kevin Glenn leading the way. Who knew?
Riders have become a "Big play" team, somehow not surprising given the risk taker at HC. While not all the big plays have come from the offence, enough have that is surprising that Kevin Glenn is QBing this. I have just never thought of Glenn as a big play QB.
mountaincat
Rookie

I didn't either until the 2012 WDF :sigh: