Lions at Redblacks Aug. 26, 2017

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

2nd and 1 should have ran it to run some clock
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Receivers out of sync all afternoon
Huge Talent
Starter

Dumb rule. Game shouldn't end on a turnover. They should have to punt
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

You can't win by playing one quarter
David
Team Captain

Jones's refusal to hand the ball off to one of the top 3 running backs in the CFL is really irking me. :bang:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:35 pm
You can't win by playing one quarter
Lions can't win playing one quarterback either.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:36 pm
Jones's refusal to hand the ball off to one of the top 3 running backs in the CFL is really irking me. :bang:

I agree. Lions can't get positive yards on first down and often fine themselves facinf 2nd and long
CardiacKid
Legend

Huge Talent wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:21 pm
Cardiac, I hope you didn't head to the airport early!
Nope, stayed until the end despite my complaining.
I got to tell you though, once the Lions got that interception near the end, the air got sucked out of TD Place....every Redblack fan was thinking here we go again.
Dusty
Champion

David wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:47 pm
Wonder how the viewing party is going at the Shark Club?? :popcorn:
The viewing party at the Shark Club was a lot of fun. I'm far more hoarse now that I am usually after a home game!

The mood was pretty upbeat at the start of the game but was a little "reserved" at half time. Inserting Lulay got a big cheer and I did not notice a lot of people leaving during the game. The players, felions and hosts were upbeat and did not have to resort to artificially charging up the crowd. The 4th quarter scores got lots of high fives going from our table to the table next to us.

Yes, the early game was a stinker, but the Leo's made a run and that kept the Shark Club crowd into the game. Quite frankly, it was great to be in a bar filled with Lions fans in Lions gear watching the Lions game on all the screens. Kudo's to the Lions marketing staff for arranging it. I would love to go to another "viewing party".
Huge Talent
Starter

Dusty wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:19 pm
David wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:47 pm
Wonder how the viewing party is going at the Shark Club?? :popcorn:
The viewing party at the Shark Club was a lot of fun. I'm far more hoarse now that I am usually after a home game!

The mood was pretty upbeat at the start of the game but was a little "reserved" at half time. Inserting Lulay got a big cheer and I did not notice a lot of people leaving during the game. The players, felions and hosts were upbeat and did not have to resort to artificially charging up the crowd. The 4th quarter scores got lots of high fives going from our table to the table next to us.

Yes, the early game was a stinker, but the Leo's made a run and that kept the Shark Club crowd into the game. Quite frankly, it was great to be in a bar filled with Lions fans in Lions gear watching the Lions game on all the screens. Kudo's to the Lions marketing staff for arranging it. I would love to go to another "viewing party".
Nice to hear. Sounds like fun. I'll have to round up the troops and check it out next time.