Riders vs. Lions Aug. 5, 2017

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Carter TD.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rider fans finally got something to cheer
almo89
Legend

Carter is so damn talented
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What are Lions playing so soft?
swervynmerv
Legend

Don't like how the Lions took the foot of the gas at the end of the game.

30-0 is a more demoralizing loss than 30-15.

Don't want to give the Riders any momentum or good feelings going into the home back to back game
almo89
Legend

Bridge is benefitting from the garbage time defense but the Riders need to start developing a young qb. When your starting qb is Glenn, you are in trouble
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions giving Riders momentum for next game
David
Team Captain

As much as I hate giving up points late, in a way it could be a blessing in disguise. It prevents complacency as we head to Regina. If we walk in there after a 30-0 victory, guys might have taken the upcoming practice week lightly, and looked ahead to Calgary.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The thing that impressed me the most tonight was the Lions' ability to move the ball out from deep in their own zone. Couple of times the Riders had the Lions pinned deep in and the Lions were able to switch field position.
BC 1988
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm
Rider fans finally got something to cheer
It was a good atmosphere in there, even though the Rider fans were very quiet most of the game (I had quite a few of them around me in Section 201.)
23,415 and it sounded like it.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:41 pm
As much as I hate giving up points late, in a way it could be a blessing in disguise. It prevents complacency as we head to Regina. If we walk in there after a 30-0 victory, guys might have taken the upcoming practice week lightly, and looked ahead to Calgary.

And by the same token, think the Riders would be extra motivated if they were shutout? I think that would have caused them to be madder than a hornet's nest next week. Now it doesn't look quite so bad.

Lions need to capitalize more on their opportunities however. They did a great job starting out in poor field position and working their way up the field but they seemed to stall out quite a bit when then got to the 30 give or take.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:31 pm
David wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:41 pm

And by the same token, think the Riders would be extra motivated if they were shutout? I think that would have caused them to be madder than a hornet's nest next week. Now it doesn't look quite so bad.

Lions need to capitalize more on their opportunities however. They did a great job starting out in poor field position and working their way up the field but they seemed to stall out quite a bit when then got to the 30 give or take.
so shutting them out next week would be just fine then :)
Every day that passes is one you can't get back