West Showdown - Leos vs. Eskimos

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Where was this urgency earlier ?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lulay has thrown only 2 incompletions tonight and 2 interceptions.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Those interceptions proved costly
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The lateral and PI in the end zone cost us a chance. Yes our D sucked. We were awful. But we were right there. The refs and the booth beat us. Nothing anyone can say will change my view.
yukonlion
All Star

yes those picks cost at least 6 if not more points, but i think the blame goes to the D, long plays again... not like they didnt know the esks didnt beat them that way in the first game... evry time the O actually gained momentum, the di or special teams let them down
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Why, why did Wally not keep Riley... he could have always been our number two, while number one Lulay, moved to number 3, and Jenkins could have moved to number one?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
SammyGreene
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 pm
Game balls should be given to the officials
Better yet Glen Johnson in the Command Centre aka Helen Keller
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:43 pm
Why, why did Wally not keep Riley... he could have always been our number two, while number one Lulay, moved to number 3, and Jenkins could have moved to number one?
I keep asking that every time he airs out the ball and it's caught by his receiver in full flight.
Sackmaster
prospect

Buono made 1 huge error, cheaping out and not paying Olafioye! The guy is playing the bodyguard position of the qb, left guard and is the best offensive lineman in the cfl, not to mention perrinial allstar.

This David Fouc? is not ready for primetime. And Mark Washington is too passive a defensive coordinator, way too much time for Riley to pass on too many key downs. Otherwise the lions are a very good team
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I thought the score flattered the Command Centre.

Between last night and tonight it is clear that the Command Centre is broken. The only consistency that the CC displays is that they are consistently wrong on their video reviews.

In the end Lions made too many mistakes with special teams and the D giving up far too many plays.

The O line got outplayed the whole game, the D line meh.
Huge Talent
Starter

I know I'm not the first to mention this, but if the command centre is that inconsistent, should just scrap replay. It was a bit of a mockery really. I really wish the league would find a way to reduce flags as well. It's one thing about the CFL that so many people find a turnoff. Otherwise, another entertaining game. We just got out played tonight. Go Lions.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I was happy when the Command Centre but I have sadly come to the conclusion that with all the technology on hand, the CC still can't get it right. Get rid of it and leave it to the game officials. If nothing else, it would speed up the game.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm
I was happy when the Command Centre but I have sadly come to the conclusion that with all the technology on hand, the CC still can't get it right. Get rid of it and leave it to the game officials. If nothing else, it would speed up the game.
I would leave the automatic reviews of scoring plays and turnovers and take away coaches' challenges. There are too many close judgment calls that could go either way. Let the players play and the officials officiate.

I will be curious to see whether the NFL has the same controversy when it implements the command centre system this year. I suspect it will.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:51 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm
I would leave the automatic reviews of scoring plays and turnovers and take away coaches' challenges. There are too many close judgment calls that could go either way. Let the players play and the officials officiate.

I will be curious to see whether the NFL has the same controversy when it implements the command centre system this year. I suspect it will.
I think or at least hope that there is a growing sentiment around the CFL to eliminate Coach's Challenges and they shouldn't wait for next season to implement.

Too many faint hope fishing trip challenges by coaches. It has got to the point that the Stamps have a designated "make contact with a defender" receiver on many plays so if they need to they know instantly which player to look for on a tablet replay. Leave it to a cerebral guy like Dave Dickenson to figure out how to stock the fishing pond and have the hook already baited.

Too many plays where coaches play dueling challenges.

Too many inconsistent, incompetent Command Centre review decisions.

END THE MADNESS NOW!!! :bang:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jason Maas is another guy who likes to throw the yellow flag. I would be interested to know which team has the most challenges this year.