Lions 41 - Ti-Cats 26, Post-Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:41 pm
LU's most recent article (3DownNation) reverts back to "strain" as the club's official term for Jennings' shoulder injury, and quotes Jennings as indicating he'll be back in a couple weeks. Wishful thinking perhaps. Also, LU reiterates the club's intention to bring in QB Jake Heaps (most recently with the Seahawks for a short off-season stint).
I don't know that Heaps can help our Lions much. He shone in high school in Washington state, but was pretty much a bust in college (he played at three colleges), and didn't show anything with the Seahawks. He lacks the mobility we like to see in the CFL (and that we have with Lulay and Jennings), running a 5.08 40 at the combine, but is said to be a fairly accurate passer. I guess we'll see. Who knows? Could be pleasant surprise, I guess.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I hope Heaps doesn't have to play at all. Jennings, Lulay and Ross would all have to be hurt for that to happen. I don't even want to see Ross play unless it's in a short-yardage situation or as a holder for Ty Long, and Lulay has done well in both of those roles.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 am
I hope Heaps doesn't have to play at all. Jennings, Lulay and Ross would all have to be hurt for that to happen. I don't even want to see Ross play unless it's in a short-yardage situation or as a holder for Ty Long, and Lulay has done well in both of those roles.
I find myself slightly wanting to see Ross in game play, but side with your reasoning to wait for awhile on that debut. I would also add that exposing Ross may show the stable is rather full in Lion country. No need to provide another Western opponent with a stud QB ala Reilly.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 am
I hope Heaps doesn't have to play at all.
Exactly. Amen to that! Calamity would have to befall our QB roster for that to happen.