Lions at Alouettes July 6, 2017

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:07 pm
How is that hit on JJ10 any different than the hit Solly put on Durant?
Exactly.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lulay walks into the end zone
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Nice goal line call.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

This time they went the other way on Lulay's option beauty
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No prevent defence please
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

JJ 28/39 288 yards 1TD. Unreal.

71.8%.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

That should do it.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Critical mistake. Too many men
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I guess Ryan Phillips won't be rubbing it in to his former teammates
bigtooth
Starter

Congrats Lions! 2 - 1

We can beat anybody. Just keep the penalties to a minimum.
BC 1988
Legend

The Lions pull out another one. I'm not at home and followed the game on 1040 (going to watch the pvr later).
It was hilarious (and pretty sad too) to hear the audio of Long questioning that he didn't get an extra point on the kickoff into the end zone. You'd think coaching would have kept him apprised of the rules before he went out and did that. Other than that, he had a good game. (GIve Sol-E full marks though, that was a bogus roughing the passer call).
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That was a tough road win against a good defence. The B.C. offence pulled it out again in the fourth quarter with 14 points. Jennings was an efficient 28 of 39 (71.8%) for 288 yards and a 101.23 QB rating.

The lack of a running game hurt the offence for most of the night but Jeremiah Johnson was at his best in the fourth quarter with the game on the line, ending up with 102 yards from scrimmage and 2 TDs.
Huge Talent
Starter

Awesome win! We needed that.

Did anyone else notice the new commissioner's repeated jokes about penalties on linemen? To me, this signals a change towards more leniency and fewer calls.

I hope the call against Yell irritated him as much as it did me. The thing is, we now just laugh at these things it's gotten so bad. On that particular play, it's either an awful call or an awful rule. Hoping change is coming. Tired theme.

2 for 2 on the big road trip now. The bbq should be all that much more fun on Saturday.
David
Team Captain

Huge Talent wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:19 pm
Did anyone else notice the new commissioner's repeated jokes about penalties on linemen? To me, this signals a change towards more leniency and fewer calls.
A segment that was stretched far too long IMO. I mean come one. It was like the next question was going to delve into how his kids are doing. Sounds like a great hire though. Nice guy, great business acumen, passion for the league and his new assignment.

As for the game, great win against a very strong defense. Khari's pedestrian play-calling and Wally's conservative ways drove me nuts in the first half! Team just seems to have segments when you think there's no way they're going to win against top-level competition.....then they do some things to impress and you're like, okay, is this the real BC Lions??

I'm wondering if there will still be a kicking controversy soon, or if they just hand the keys to the kid. Permanently.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
pennw
Legend

David wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:50 am
Huge Talent wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:19 pm
A segment that was stretched far too long IMO. I mean come one. It was like the next question was going to delve into how his kids are doing. Sounds like a great hire though. Nice guy, great business acumen, passion for the league and his new assignment.

As for the game, great win against a very strong defense. Khari's pedestrian play-calling and Wally's conservative ways drove me nuts in the first half! Team just seems to have segments when you think there's no way they're going to win against top-level competition.....then they do some things to impress and you're like, okay, is this the real BC Lions??

I'm wondering if there will still be a kicking controversy soon, or if they just hand the keys to the kid. Permanently.

DH :cool:
Exactly my thoughts David . There was a football game on with all that talking going on for so long we muted it , as it was getting extremely annoying .if the new commissioner is trying to improve the league , he should watch that and realize how bad that was exactly what not to do during a game . Many people , especially casual fans , probably don't want to hear the life story of some one they don''t even know , when they are trying to watch a game and all they are hearing is blah, blah, blah for 15 minutes straight . Some other commentators like Glen Suitor are very guilty of this too where they go on and for far to long with a guest they are interested in personally , but not nessasarily the masses . My wife couldn't handle it and while I knew who it was , it was the wrong place for it .