CFL Games of Week 2, June 29 - July 1

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:45 am
Was Jones the only HC this weekend who felt it was below his dignity to don the 150 t-shirt that in his case honoured the legendary George Reed? Just another sign of his "me first" and damned anybody else. Very disrespectful IMO.
I asked the same question over at Riderfans.com. No replies yet but they are pretty much in post game early season meltdown mode right now, so I guess no one is feeling like discussing T-shirts. :wink:
CardiacKid
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:12 am
Hambone wrote:
Was Jones the only HC this weekend who felt it was below his dignity to don the 150 t-shirt that in his case honoured the legendary George Reed? Just another sign of his "me first" and damned anybody else. Very disrespectful IMO.
I asked the same question over at Riderfans.com. No replies yet but they are pretty much in post game early season meltdown mode right now, so I guess no one is feeling like discussing T-shirts. :wink:
I am sure a significant number of Rider fans will take that as a sleight against Reed, Canada 150 or both. The guy is his own worst enemy half the time.
zeppo
Starter

Hambone wrote:
Was Jones the only HC this weekend who felt it was below his dignity to don the 150 t-shirt

If Trestman was wearing one, it was hidden beneath his track jacket.
Qman
Champion

DanoT wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:12 am
Hambone wrote:
MTL coaches didn't wear them either. MTL & SSK were the teams that had white ones IIRC, that may be the reason. I note the MTL were in their stormtropper unis, so you couldn't pick out the coaches for signals if they wore them. They were worn by all the taxi squad players on both teams