Lions cuts

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Figaro
Rookie

I am sure Harris will be picked up by another team somewhat quickly - the guy is a stud but found himself behind Rainey and Johnson. I wish him luck - except when he plays against the Lions.
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:50 am
Speaking of Boyko I was looking into the LA Charger's website today. They don't yet have a depth chart posted. There was an article posted where "Chargers.com" was interviewing the OL Coach about the current Charger OL personnel. Currently there are 14 OL listed on the Chargers roster. In the article 13 of those players were mentioned. The only one whose name didn't come up was one Brett Boyko.

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/07/17 ... -pat-meyer

Interesting Hambone.

My best guess is that Boyko will be a Leo this season if we wants to keep playing the game.
same position as Foucault ... hitting 3 year mark for PR
my guess boyko will be in TC next year as backup G/T ... hopefully can eventually take fabien's spot
Last edited by Qman on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qman
Champion

Figaro wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:17 pm
I am sure Harris will be picked up by another team somewhat quickly - the guy is a stud but found himself behind Rainey and Johnson. I wish him luck - except when he plays against the Lions.
heaps took his spot on the roster
... maybe he will be back if we have injuries, might get some NFL TC time as well
David
Team Captain

Very short-sighted to think Jeremiah can go all 18 games without injury or a need to spell off. Just IMHO.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 pm
Very short-sighted to think Jeremiah can go all 18 games without injury or a need to spell off. Just IMHO.

DH :cool:
They still have Tyler Davis listed as a RB on the PR.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Figaro wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:17 pm
heaps took his spot on the roster
... maybe he will be back if we have injuries, might get some NFL TC time as well
Technically no. Harris was on the 1G IR. Heaps is currently on the PR. BC still has one more spot available on the PR. Quite likely want to keep a PR spot open for a NAT OL that must be at the top of Wally's shopping list.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is just a guess, but I suspect Harris became impatient and asked for his release. Wally has shown no hesitation this year in using the injured list to stash experienced players who might be needed in the event of real injuries.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

A pair of ex-Lions have been added to the Alouettes' practice roster. They could both help the Ticats, who are desperately short of nationals, but I hope they find playing time somewhere in the league.
Montreal, August 16, 2017 – The Montreal Alouettes announced on Wednesday that they have added the following players to the practice roster:

Elie Ngoyi, (N) DE, Bishop’s
Stephen Adekolu, (N) WR, Bishop’s
Nate O’Halloran, (N) FB, Windsor
The_Pauser
Legend

Good for Adekolu. He had seemingly been passed on the depth chart by both Shaq Johnson and Danny Vandervoort, and with Iannuzzi still here and producing there wasn't much room for him here. Hopefully he gets a fair shot to play in Montreal.
Roar you Lions roar!
Hambone
Hall of Famer

I noticed on watching the Chargers ex-game over the weekend that Boyko was playing right guard. ESPN's unofficial depth chart had him listed as RG on the 3rd unit.