BC Lions talk about fan interactions:

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Kamloops Lion
All Star

“Some fans will be talking football and I’ll be like, ‘They don’t know what the hell they talking about,’” Lions’ receiver Manny Arceneaux said. “I just pay it no mind.
“Or, when everybody just assume I was Shawn Gore and I’m like, ‘Oh, ‘cause we both black, huh?’ But that one be funny. They don’t get to see us with the helmet off.”

http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/fanfest ... eractions/
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I think the Lions have an open and positive relationship with fans in Kamloops and wherever they go in B.C., and they enjoy meeting their fans. FanFest is a good example of that relationship.

When I run into a player, I say hi and wish them well, and perhaps compliment them on their game. I wouldn't try to talk football.
David
Team Captain

Manny Arceneaux wrote:“Some fans will be talking football and I’ll be like, ‘They don’t know what the hell they talking about,’” Lions’ receiver Manny Arceneaux said. “I just pay it no mind.
This doesn't surprise me. Overall football IQ is pretty low out here, considering how many people start (and participate in) the wave while we're on offense! :wag:
Travis Lulay wrote:“Sometimes, I’ll hear stuff like, ‘Oh, I love the Lions,’ this and that, and then they’ll say something completely off the wall, like it’s the middle of March and they’ll ask what the team’s record is right now.”
This one cracked me up as I sometimes hear the same thing. I'll be wearing a Lions hoodie or light jacket in, like April and a neighbour will ask me if they're playing tonight! :rotf:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

I was wearing my Tagge jersey today when someone totally unannounced says to me "Jerry Tagge! That's a name I haven't heard in a while". I was more than a little surprised by the name recognition away from BC Place.

When we go to events featuring meet and greets with players, I joke with my wife that I better not start talking football otherwise I am going to sound like a total nob to their ears. Things like "I sure like how you play that there game of football! The way you go out there and run around those white lines and catch that ball and run into the special point zone without getting stopped by those tackling guys on the other team. That sure is cool!" Think a gushing, star-struck Roscoe P. Coltrane....
CardiacKid
Legend

This is where i actually really like Twitter. I follow Rolly Lumbala and sometime ago, he posted about doing a gig as a TOC (Teacher on Call) and intimating he felt a little nervous; I think it was his first call-out. Shortly after that, he happened to visit one of my schools as part of the BC Hydro saving energy initiative the Lions participate in.
After it was all done, I went and chatted with him about his experience in teaching that day. He was definitely surprised I knew but when I explained I learned about it via Twitter, he got right into it and we had a great chat. And we didn't talk football once. I think he really appreciated that.
David
Team Captain

2 years ago when I was traveling like a madman for work, I was seated next to no less than 3 ex-Leos on airplanes: Cam Thorn (Toronto to Vancouver), Justin Sorensen (Vancouver to Las Vegas for CFLPA function), and Courtney Taylor (LA to Seattle), and then Duane Forde was on another flight (Vancouver to Toronto) after a telecast and we briefly chatted. First, they were all to varying degrees surprised that I recognized them and addressed them by name. Second, I engaged them in casual fan talk but never dreamt of trying to talk football strategy, lest I want to come across a total knob. I found them all very forthcoming, especially Taylor.

As for the Tagge jersey, is it a newer jersey with #8 and his nameplate, a replica '77 jersey with #8 and his nameplate, or a game-worn '77 jersey with #8 and his nameplate? Lions fans are definitely out there. I am stopped quite often whenever I happen to wear new or retro gear.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

David wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm
As for the Tagge jersey, is it a newer jersey with #8 and his nameplate, a replica '77 jersey with #8 and his nameplate, or a game-worn '77 jersey with #8 and his nameplate? Lions fans are definitely out there. I am stopped quite often whenever I happen to wear new or retro gear.

It was the gun-metal 3rd jersey from a couple of years back. I believe I got that particular jersey (waaay too many in the man-cave...at least according to the wife) via the give-away promotion they offered folks who renewed their seasons tickets. I thought, I got myself a free jersey so let's spend some money and put a name and number on it. My memories of the Cardiac Kids are cloudy (due to being a little kid, not abusing the brain cells) but fond ones and I wanted to wear something indicative of that era.
My oldest jersey is a Champion from the 80's with Larry Crawford's number but no nameplate. It is way too clean to have been a game worn, probably not even a practice jersey. But it is cut to accommodate shoulder pads; any idea if replica jerseys intended for fans in that era would have been cut that way?