Jeramiah Johnson signed

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

This is another important signing. JJ had a really impressive year last year. He exceeded my expectations, and was great with teammates and fans alike.

His numbers show that he should be retained: 5th in the league in rushing yards but with 26 fewer carries than the #4 rusher (Eskimos' John White). In fact, Jeremiah's 5.9 yards per carry rushing average was the highest among the Top 5 rushers, even better than Jerome Messam's 5.8 yards per carry average. There's no doubt the platoon system Wally developed this year kept him fresh and was a contributor to his success, but there was nothing in the presser to indicate whether they would be employing the same strategy next year. My hope is that they bring Anthony Allen back, provided both backs buy into it again. I would expect the club to bring in another running back (or two) to compete at camp.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CardiacKid
Legend

Awesome news! I have been a big fan of his from his RedBlacks' days and was very happy Wally made the splash to get him last year. I think he will excel again in a platoon system or as the feature back every game. If the Lions opt to feature Rainey more often in the offence then I think the team would be fine to jettison Allen. Nothing against Allen, I just think his salary could be applied elsewhere and Johnson is the better RB IMHO.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Where is Adam Blassetti going ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Excellent news.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Excellent signing indeed. He was better than expected. he has a twisting move that he makes when someone is trying to tackle him one on one that was very successful. i also like his blocking.