WFC Final Lions vs. Stampeders Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Now would be a good time to have a mercy rule.
almo89
Legend

Dickenson with a great play call. Ran it down our throat on that drive and then calls a play action for the TD that fooled the Lions
Alputt
Champion

End zone sack a pretty good metaphor for this game
Gerry
Legend

Rough day for the Lions. Still, it was a good season. Nice to see Wally back on the sidelines and, despite today, get us a winning regular season and a home playoff game.
Enough is enough.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Guess the one good thing about this game is that it exposed the Lions weakness for all to see. Let the changes begin.
Alputt
Champion

Yes it was a good season on the whole... A shame it was marred by this stinker performance in the WF. We did not look like the second best team in the league today...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I forgot Shawn Gore was in the lineup :wink:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Anybody still convinced that we can win the Grey Cup with Wally Buono after five years of loosing???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
jcalhoun
Starter

almo89 wrote:Dickenson with a great play call. Ran it down our throat on that drive and then calls a play action for the TD that fooled the Lions
Yeah. Dickenson has been brilliant all year as a head coach. I wish we had offered him so much money to be our HC two years ago that he couldn't possibly have said say 'no.' But, you know, he "wasn't ready" according to WB, so we got Tedford and Buono redux.

Calgary is going to be a powerhouse for several years now.

The reality is the Stamps are a much better team across the board than the Lions. Our only shot today was to play error-free football, and even then we needed a ton of breaks. Ah well.

And I'll go against the grain here: I don't think Jennings is the answer for this team. When he's on, he's fantastic. When he's off, there's no hope. He's Damon Allen. If Jennings and Lulay are our one-two punch again next year, Lulay needs to play regularly throughout the season. He needs whole games here and there, so when Jennings has one of his off days, he's ready to go.

Anyway, here's hoping Burris and the Redblacks can buck the odds next week. I'd like to see Ottawa's fans have a Grey Cup win.

Cheers,

James
Gerry
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:Anybody still convinced that we can win the Grey Cup with Wally Buono after five years of loosing???
I am. It has been done before.
Enough is enough.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

This is premature I know but given the outcome so far, it is safe to say that once again, we have crapped the bed. Now I concede that this edition of the Calgary Stampeders is probably one of the most complete teams in league history and also that our chances were probably a long shot to begin with but we look out coached and outclassed. We knew what needed to be done and didn't get the job done.

However, someone has to lose when you play a game and this team has exceeded expectations for a lot of people this year myself included. So for that I will give a thumbs up. I am just sorry that today had to be result in such a one sided game where the outcome was pretty much decided for the end of the first half.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Gerry
Legend

jcalhoun wrote:
almo89 wrote:Dickenson with a great play call. Ran it down our throat on that drive and then calls a play action for the TD that fooled

Yeah. Dickenson has been brilliant all year as a head coach. I wish we had offered him so much money to be our HC two years ago that he couldn't possibly have said say 'no.' But, you know, he "wasn't ready" according to WB, so we got Tedford and Buono redux.

Calgary is going to be a powerhouse for several years now.

The reality is the Stamps are a much better team across the board than the Lions. Our only shot today was to play error-free football, and even then we needed a ton of breaks. Ah well.

And I'll go against the grain here: I don't think Jennings is the answer for this team. When he's on, he's fantastic. When he's off, there's no hope. He's Damon Allen. If Jennings and Lulay are our one-two punch again next year, Lulay needs to play regularly throughout the season. He needs whole games here and there, so when Jennings has one of his off days, he's ready to go.

Anyway, here's hoping Burris and the Redblacks can buck the odds next week. I'd like to see Ottawa's fans have a Grey Cup win.

Cheers,

James
I think Jennings will be fine. He is young and will only get better. I agree that Lulay could use more playing time.
Enough is enough.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The warts that was there during the regular season was there in the playoffs. Coaching staff never did addressed those issues.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:The warts that was there during the regular season was there in the playoffs. Coaching staff never did addressed those issues.
The problem is that the coaching staff seem to be some of the warts.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
almo89
Legend

It seems like since Hufnagel came back to the league and led the Stamps, our Lions havent had much success against them. Doesn't look like it will change any time soon with Dickenson now as HC