WFC Final Lions vs. Stampeders Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yes, I had actually typed something about the mishandling of the Dickenson situation but walked it back. It is too soon for a complete post mortem but leave at there are many decisions that we have made that have benefited Calgary for the foreseeable future.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
almo89
Legend

Wally saying in the post game that Calgary didnt do anything they special that they haven't seen. Said it was a lack of execution
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:Wally saying in the post game that Calgary didnt do anything they special that they haven't seen. Said it was a lack of execution
Oh that's a new one :bang:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:Anybody still convinced that we can win the Grey Cup with Wally Buono after five years of loosing???
I am. It has been done before.
Why is that Gerry...enlighten us?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:The warts that was there during the regular season was there in the playoffs. Coaching staff never did addressed those issues.
The problem is that the coaching staff seem to be some of the warts.
Agree
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:Wally saying in the post game that Calgary didnt do anything they special that they haven't seen. Said it was a lack of execution
Blame it on the players, it's never ever on the coaches. What a pathetic excuse
David
Team Captain

Hard to know why they go through a wall for him when he constantly throws them under the bus like that. Heck, even Farhan Lalji said they were out-coached this afternoon. Sure, execution is part of it, but there was a lot of confusion from stuff the Stamps were throwing at us that we'd never seen before. DBs didn't know who to cover.

I also expected us to dig deep in our playbook to throw some plays at the Stamps that might catch them off guard. You know, winner advances and all?? I saw nothing of the sort today. Pretty vanilla packages. :bang:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rainey had 2 carries in the game. How's that for game planning. What was Khari Jones thinking ?
Dusty
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:Rainey had 2 carries in the game. How's that for game planning. What was Khari Jones thinking ?
I think that whatever game planning was done before the game was thrown out the window when we got shellacked in the second quarter...... however, the remainder of the game does expose how pitiful our coaching adjustments are/have been.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Hard to know why they go through a wall for him when he constantly throws them under the bus like that. Heck, even Farhan Lalji said they were out-coached this afternoon. Sure, execution is part of it, but there was a lot of confusion from stuff the Stamps were throwing at us that we'd never seen before. DBs didn't know who to cover.

I also expected us to dig deep in our playbook to throw some plays at the Stamps that might catch them off guard. You know, winner advances and all?? I saw nothing of the sort today. Pretty vanilla packages. :bang:

DH :cool:
As I was at the game I listened to the Stamps PxP on 770. Their colour guy said the Lions were staying in a basic cover 3 and needed to be in more man 2 man but never or rarely did making it easy for Bo Le to read the soft spots in the zone and pick them apart which is of course exactly what happened. Sorry for the run on sentence.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yep, it says something that the colour guy for the opposition is saying exactly what the Lions as doing wrong during the play by play. That he can recognize it and apparently our coaching staff can't speaks volumes.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lions4ever wrote:As I was at the game I listened to the Stamps PxP on 770. Their colour guy said the Lions were staying in a basic cover 3 and needed to be in more man 2 man but never or rarely did making it easy for Bo Le to read the soft spots in the zone and pick them apart which is of course exactly what happened. Sorry for the run on sentence.
The Lions don't have the talent in the secondary to play press man coverage, not that Washington prefers that style. The Stamps exploited Stewart and Edem because they are who we all thought they were.

It's interesting to read some of the early previews of the Grey Cup focusing on Ottawa's defence challenging receivers in press man coverage and pressuring Mitchell in the pocket. I've seen pundits predict the Ottawa defence will make it difficult for the Stamps to pass. That remains to be seen but I'd love to see the Lions play a more aggressive defence next year if they get Yell and Lee back and healthy. They can't do it with the talent they had this year.