Western Semi Final Complete Game on Youtube

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

I don't know if you guys have followed this guy's channel, but he's graciously uploaded every CFL game this season. Here is the Western Semi Final for anybody that didn't PVR it. Way better than watching it on demand via TSN.ca as they have mandatory commercials.

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I thought it was loud at BC Place but sounds louder on TV. The game winning drive is worth watching again.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

There is a youtube CFL Channel. I haven't completely checked but I think every game this season is there. Subscribe to CFL2016
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:I don't know if you guys have followed this guy's channel, but he's graciously uploaded every CFL game this season. Here is the Western Semi Final for anybody that didn't PVR it. Way better than watching it on demand via TSN.ca as they have mandatory commercials.

[video][/video]
Thanks for posting this, almo89. This is definitely a three-peat of the last two times the Lions hosted the Blue Bombers in a WDSF in 1977 and 1986 and both times the Lions pulled a narrow win by making a huge defensive play. I guess in the years to come Alex Bazzie will be remembered the same way they remember Joe Fourqueran in 1977.

These two pages provides a good summary of both the 1986 and 1977 home Lions WDSF wins and some other memorable WDSF games:

https://jsportsblogger.wordpress.com/20 ... l-history/
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 71581.html
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
David
Team Captain

Actually Robbie, no disrespect to Alex Bazzie, but that Joe Fourqurean pass knockdown of the Dieter Brock pass to Mike Holmes in 1977 was a stand alone game saver in BC Lions history.

You can maybe compare the '77 and '16 Semi-Finals for late game thrills in that Jon Jennings scored on a spectacular 9-yard scamper with just 1:33 to play to take the lead over the Bombers. Similarly, in the 1977 West Semi Final, Jerry Tagge found Leon Bright alone on a post pattern (after Bomber DB Chuck Wills has slipped on the rain-soaked surface) for a 49-yard TD score to put BC ahead (for good) with 2:42 to play, 33-32. But the knockdowns were not really much alike as Fourqurean lept sky high to break up a long bomb. I don't think the Bombers would have scored on the pass Alex Bazzie deflected.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
dawg3648
Rookie

I'll never forget that game David. The Cardiac Kids! I remember rolling overto the Coach House post game and the place was jumping with BC chants for hours after in the packed bar. Awesome!!

Sadly the dreams came crashing down a week later in Edmonton! Was it 33-2?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

David wrote:But the knockdowns were not really much alike as Fourqurean lept sky high to break up a long bomb.
And the Joe Fourqurean knockdown was on a 3rd down play so it was do or die for Winnipeg.
David wrote:I don't think the Bombers would have scored on the pass Alex Bazzie deflected.
No, but had the pass been completed there was a good chance that Winnipeg would have gotten a first down or at the very most, a 3rd and short and would have likely gambled for a first down on 3rd and short. Had they gotten the first down, then they would have been able to run at least two more conservative plays to give the Blue Bombers a much closer game winning field goal attempt.
dawg3648 wrote:Sadly the dreams came crashing down a week later in Edmonton! Was it 33-2?
38-1 Edmonton in the 1977 WDF. Similar thing in the 1986 WDF when it was Edmonton prevailing 41-5.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The pass that Bazzie knocked down wouldn't have been completed because Elimimian had already knocked down the intended receiver, Andrew Harris, a play that was reviewed and allowed to stand. I don't know whether the review would have had a different outcome if the pass had gone through and either been intercepted or knocked down by Elimimian.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:I don't know if you guys have followed this guy's channel, but he's graciously uploaded every CFL game this season. Here is the Western Semi Final for anybody that didn't PVR it. Way better than watching it on demand via TSN.ca as they have mandatory commercials.

Thanks for posting that almo. Always nice to be able to review some plays, etc. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What was even more impressive about the Fourqurean pass knockdown is that he was playing with a concussion and couldn't even remember making the play.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Speaking of Joe Fourqurean we discussed his passing in November 2013 here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27379

But here's an interesting picture of Joe Fourqurean with Wally Buono at the Lions training facility in Surrey in October 2011:
祝你龍年行大運。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:The pass that Bazzie knocked down wouldn't have been completed because Elimimian had already knocked down the intended receiver, Andrew Harris, a play that was reviewed and allowed to stand. I don't know whether the review would have had a different outcome if the pass had gone through and either been intercepted or knocked down by Elimimian.
But Dressler was also in the region and it is possible that he could have snared it but with the Bazzie touch, Sol was able to level him too.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
pennw
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:The pass that Bazzie knocked down wouldn't have been completed because Elimimian had already knocked down the intended receiver, Andrew Harris, a play that was reviewed and allowed to stand. I don't know whether the review would have had a different outcome if the pass had gone through and either been intercepted or knocked down by Elimimian.
But Dressler was also in the region and it is possible that he could have snared it but with the Bazzie touch, Sol was able to level him too.

This is correct I believe . If Bazzie had not of deflected that ball Sol would have been called for PI on the second guy .Bazzie got his hand on the ball before Sol touched the second receiver otherwise it would have been a first down for the Bombers.Which is why the call on the field stood.