Manny Show Back On?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dawg3648
Rookie

Just heard Wally's news conference and him confirm Manny has passed all protocol tests and is symptom free. Ankle could be bigger concern and he will be held back from practice until Friday. Won't play unless he gets at least one practice in.

And if that's not good enough news, Shawn Gore looking more and more like he'll be back as well!!

Things looking up!
Blitz
Team Captain

dawg3648 wrote:Just heard Wally's news conference and him confirm Manny has passed all protocol tests and is symptom free. Ankle could be bigger concern and he will be held back from practice until Friday. Won't play unless he gets at least one practice in.

And if that's not good enough news, Shawn Gore looking more and more like he'll be back as well!!

Things looking up!
Its a positive but in some cases, post-concussion symptoms can show up days later. Its can be a very unpredictable thing. We'll still need to wait.

Wally would play a guy if we was dead and could be converted into a zombie. Have to wait for doctors confirmation. Manny will want to play of course and hopefully he is being direct.

Shawn Gore came back too early off his post-concussion and after playing had to be deactivated again. As much as I would love to see Manny play in this game, the long run is much more important.

Protocol tests are not always a good determiner of post-concussion. Its not an accurate way to determine post-concussion symptoms. Manny knows if he is feeling anything or not.

Thanks for posting.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
BC 1988
Legend

Blitz wrote:Its a positive but in some cases, post-concussion symptoms can show up days later. Its can be a very unpredictable thing. We'll still need to wait.

Wally would play a guy if we was dead and could be converted into a zombie. Have to wait for doctors confirmation. Manny will want to play of course and hopefully he is being direct.

Shawn Gore came back too early off his post-concussion and after playing had to be deactivated again. As much as I would love to see Manny play in this game, the long run is much more important.

Protocol tests are not always a good determiner of post-concussion. Its not an accurate way to determine post-concussion symptoms. Manny knows if he is feeling anything or not.

Thanks for posting.
Fully agree--this is something where both the player and coaching staff have to be honest about the real situation. It's critical for Manny's long-term health and playing career. The ankle might limit how effective he is to being a decoy anyway.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Mike Beamish elaborates, with quotes from Wally and Gore, on the possibility Arceneaux and Gore being available on Sunday.
When asked if Gore and Arceneaux were “possibilities” for Sunday’s game, head coach Wally Buono responded: “Yes. I can only go with what I’ve been told. Everything’s good (with Arceneaux). Shawn’s actually done physical work — and he did fine. Manny’s in concussion protocol but there haven’t been any concerns about it.”
“Sometimes these things linger. Sometimes it’s bang-bang, and they don’t,” Buono said. “We’ll watch Shawn this week to see if there’s progress. If he’s dropping every ball in practice, and he’s struggling for every catch, why would we play him? I’m not worried about Manny practising tomorrow (Wednesday). I may not worry about him practising on Thursday. I’d rather give him rest, so he can be fresh. I would hope he could do some stuff on Friday.”
Lions’ Buono: Gore, Arceneaux ‘possibilities’ for West Final

No matter what happens, this will cause uncertainty in the Stampeders' defensive game-planning. Do they prepare for Arceneaux and Gore or practice-roster receiver Doug McNeil and Adekolu? Keep them guessing. I just hope that whoever plays is healthy and sharp and is able to complete the game.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Last night Wally said the signs Sunday night after the game were all positive but that Manny will follow league protocol guidelines and that any decisions regarding playing will be left in the hands of the medical staff an doctors overseeing thos protocols.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Re Manny's health ...

Excellent news. Very happy to hear this. :thup:

If he can play, wonderful.

Same with Shawn. Glad he is recovering well. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Lionsfan65
Starter

Thats the thing about concussions, you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes different players react differently to different hits and can recover quickly. Sometimes concussion symptoms can last just a few hours, sometimes years. Either way I would prefer to have both players in the lineup as they both are dangerous weapons for our offence.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

My only concern is that even with no symptoms, they may both not be fully recovered. They might be at greater risk for more injury as a result. I want to win but not at the cost of their health so I hope that they are really ok to go and not just alright to go.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.