Viewing CFL in the USA

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

agent2
All Star

Does anyone know how I can watch the game from Phoenix?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

agent2 wrote:Does anyone know how I can watch the game from Phoenix?
The ESF is on ESPN2 and ESPN3. The WSF (Lions/Bombers) is on ESPN3 and ESPN GO (web streaming) only. If you have a contract with a U.S. cable or satellite provider, sign in with your account information to view online or on mobile.

I was able to watch all CFL games from my laptop last month without those credentials. I have an ESPN account and log-in which I've used for past contests, and that got me access in California.

If you don't have online access, find a good sports bar and call ahead to see if they can get the game on ESPN3. It's tough on a Sunday but we've had good success in the past with the now-closed Tilted Kilt in Palm Desert, California. We haven't tried the chain's Arizona locations.
agent2
All Star

Thanks! I found the ESF but not the Western, yet. I have Cox cable service and full wifi, so your info is encouraging, I'll start working on it. I know what you mean about the bars on Sunday, I went thru that in Maui a few years ago!
brihind88
prospect

agent2 wrote:Thanks! I found the ESF but not the Western, yet. I have Cox cable service and full wifi, so your info is encouraging, I'll start working on it. I know what you mean about the bars on Sunday, I went thru that in Maui a few years ago!
You can also watch live on TSN.CA
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

If you can't get access to ESPN 3 try this website: http://goatd.net You will have to close a bunch of pop-ups but once you get the game streaming click to make it full screen and will be fairly reliable.

On the CFL website you can buy a "5 game playoff pass" for US$30, but the kicker is that the Grey Cup game is not available for on-line viewing in the USA or Canada. So for most people they would only be getting 4 games for the price of 5. A few years ago you could buy streaming games a la cart, which made sense for 99% of fans. So of course, the CFL had to screw that up.