WFC Semi-Final Bombers vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rodu
Champion

I was thinking all those extra points we missed out on would have forced them to go for a TD, but it doesnt matter now

Fenner made some plays, esecially in the run game later in the game
brihind88
prospect

The crowd got their $$$$$$ worth on this one.

Wally is going to kill me with those crazy 2 pt tries.

Those 2 pts could have lost the game.

Sorry to not have Gore or Manny for the WDF.

Those guys are a major loss.

However, the 3 week break will cause the Stamps to miss an edge.
yukonlion
All Star

yeah, i remeber not scoring from there a few weeks ago! bazzie made that knock down, surprised oshea tried the long fg
almo89
Legend

brihind88 wrote:The crowd got their $$$$$$ worth on this one.

Wally is going to kill me with those crazy 2 pt tries.

Those 2 pts could have lost the game.

Sorry to not have Gore or Manny for the WDF.

Those guys are a major loss.

However, the 3 week break will cause the Stamps to miss an edge.
I was okay with the 2 point converts in the regular season since Leone was not a gimme. With Paul we don't need to go for 2 anymore
Last edited by almo89 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
South Pender
Legend

brihind88 wrote:Sorry to not have Gore or Manny for the WDF.
Has it been announced that Manny's injury will keep him out of the WF? And that Gore will still be on concussion protocol?
yukonlion
All Star

i didnt mind the 2 poiters but i think JJ zeroed in on Manny on the first two and the last one was predictable
almo89
Legend

I was more scared of a 3rd and 4 gamble than the field goal.
brihind88
prospect

South Pender wrote:
Has it been announced that Manny's injury will keep him out of the WF? And that Gore will still be on concussion protocol?
It was announced that Manny has a concussion.
I assume he will not play. Those things do not clear in a week.

Gore is a question. You can not risk a players long term health. Time will tell.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

almo89 wrote:I was more scared of a 3rd and 4 gamble than the field goal.
Oshea will be vilified for that brain cramp. . BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
almo89
Legend

I'm watching Wally's post game conference. He seemed to be pretty irked at the media going after Jennings on his INT. Dropped the word "bull****" haha. He seemed to blame Manny more for not coming back to the ball than Jennings making a bad throw.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:I'm watching Wally's post game conference. He seemed to be pretty irked at the media going after Jennings on his INT. Dropped the word "bull****" haha. He seemed to blame Manny more for not coming back to the ball than Jennings making a bad throw.
Ed Willes quotes Wally defending and praising his quarterback.
“Throwing an interception is part of the game,” said Buono. “It’s how you react to it.”

“He had enough composure to play the other 59 minutes of great football. Let’s dwell on the positives. I”m tired of you guys always dwelling on the negatives.

“The positive is a rookie quarterback won a big playoff game we haven’t won in 100 years against a good defence. No way on earth we win this game without him and we’re worried about one bull s—t call.”
Willes: Lions’ Arceneaux hit into next Sunday
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
almo89 wrote:I'm watching Wally's post game conference. He seemed to be pretty irked at the media going after Jennings on his INT. Dropped the word "bull****" haha. He seemed to blame Manny more for not coming back to the ball than Jennings making a bad throw.
Ed Willes quotes Wally defending and praising his quarterback.
“Throwing an interception is part of the game,” said Buono. “It’s how you react to it.”

“He had enough composure to play the other 59 minutes of great football. Let’s dwell on the positives. I”m tired of you guys always dwelling on the negatives.

“The positive is a rookie quarterback won a big playoff game we haven’t won in 100 years against a good defence. No way on earth we win this game without him and we’re worried about one bull s—t call.”
Willes: Lions’ Arceneaux hit into next Sunday
I agree with Wally. Ints are part of football. And, as he said, if the QB throws 5, 6, 7 Ints, he sits down.

And, God Bless Manny, but the DB made a better move back to the ball than he did. It was a great DB play, and a very ordinary move by Manny. I do fault the coaching a bit for JJ taking the game on his shoulders as much and as early as he did. We know he CAN take the game on his shoulders, as he has oftentimes done, but he is 24, in his first full season as starting QB. Set up the dayum run game first. Admittedly the Bombers play tight coverage, which I prefer, but they give up something to do that. Zone read runs to the QB, which we saw. The running game, which we saw. And short passing plays where the receiver can get his body between the ball and the defender.

For their players, I thought the Bombers had near per-fect game plans and execution. For us, more middlin' in the game planning, but heart and talent prevailed.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Lionsfan65
Starter

brihind88 wrote:
South Pender wrote:
It was announced that Manny has a concussion.
I assume he will not play. Those things do not clear in a week.

Gore is a question. You can not risk a players long term health. Time will tell.
If that is the case it will be a huge loss on offence, however it might be the spark this team needs, as they seemed to click after Manny left the game.
I hope they both get better soon. Concussions can be very difficult to deal with.