Lions injury updates

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

According to Mike Beamish, Jerremiah Johnson and Anthony Gaitor both say they'll be ready to play in the WSF on Sunday after being injured during the win over Saskatchewan on Saturday but Shawn Gore's status is "problematic" due to a relapse of concussion issues that led to him being placed on the disabled list before the regular season finale.

Lions Five Things: Jeremiah Johnson bounces back; Shawn Gore a concern
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I think most of us have been around too long to take what a player actually says about their readiness to play as authoritative. It sounds good but at the end of the day, it is the trainers and coaches call and until they say it, this doesn't really mean much. I hope they are right but I wouldn't be surprised either if they were being wishful in their prognostications.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lionsfan65
Starter

Johnson #24 should be back, he looked fine in the second half of the Rider game.

I don't recall seeing Gaitor back on the field, however some of the shots on the jumbotron showed him walking around on the sideline.
DJeffery
Rookie

Lionsfan65 wrote:I don't recall seeing Gaitor back on the field, however some of the shots on the jumbotron showed him walking around on the sideline.
I think he would have played if necessary, but Keynan Parker was playing so well why risk it: Parker getting the gameball from Ryan Phillips.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

DJeffery wrote:
Lionsfan65 wrote:I don't recall seeing Gaitor back on the field, however some of the shots on the jumbotron showed him walking around on the sideline.
I think he would have played if necessary, but Keynan Parker was playing so well why risk it: Parker getting the gameball from Ryan Phillips.
Parker was impressive for the most part. I hope he gets a shot at starting wide side cornerback in 2017.
Blitz
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
DJeffery wrote:
Parker was impressive for the most part. I hope he gets a shot at starting wide side cornerback in 2017.
I would so love that. Brandon Stewart has been the weakest of our denfenive backs. If Parker played wide side corner, we could play another International up front. Keeping fresh guys, playing hard on the defensive line is the way to go.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)