Chris Rainey -- Sometimes we don't know what we've got

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

chris rainey florida career highlights

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chris+ra ... F-8#xxri=7

Like all Lions' fans, I see the talent of Chris Rainey. And yet, even a vastly experienced fan such as I can take a player somewhat for granted. Not any more. Wow. The Kid is a spellbinding game breaker. He reminds me of Willie Fleming. Same size. He twists would-be tacklers into pretzels.

Yes, he can play running back. Big time. Receiver. Kick returner. Even kick blocker on STs.

Like others, I had concerns about his past. After his success last game running the ball, I did a Google search to see about his football credentials, his upbringing and his troubles. I found this article of his time with the Alouettes.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... life-story

Some people do deserve second chances, third chances, etc. I get the hunch that he is a good kid, coming from where he did. Born in jail, and on and on.
His best friend growing up was the family dog, Sugar Baby, a Chow.

Rainey and the mutt were inseparable, somewhat predictably. And shouldn’t every kid have a dog? But when a friend’s little brother pulled the dog’s tail, she defended her territory by scratching him in the face. The kid claimed he was bitten and the dog pound was called. Kirkland didn’t have the funds to have the animal released.

“I came home and hid behind the house across the street. I saw the dog people. I gave her a hug and a kiss. That’s the last time I saw her,” Rainey said, the memory still fresh to this day, a memory he believes is important to recount. “I cried for three weeks. I still have dreams and think about her all the time.”
Pet lovers can relate.

Anybody here not have regrets about any of their actions in life?

I am happy Chris Rainey seems to have found a good place here in B.C. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Blitz
Team Captain

I feel the same way WCJ.

He is the most exciting player since Willie Fleming in a Leo uniform. Yes, there were some exciting players along the way but Willie and Rainey are in a different league.

Rainey, along with Jennings have been the real difference makers from 2015 to 2016. Playing a full season each, Jennings and Rainey are the key to why we led the CFL in rushing. They are both a key as to why we scored 108 points more this season.

Match up our two tailbacks, starting each game, with other CFL tailbacks, and we didn't lead the CFL in rushing. I think Rainey will end up with over a 9 yd. per carry rush average.

We hardly used Rainey as a tailback for our first number of games. He had to lobby hard and keep lobbying him hard to play offence. Rainey added 30 receptions to his rushing to really make our offence that more dangerous.

Rainey also led the CFL in return yards. He is a very special player who loves to play football.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
David
Team Captain

Chris Rainey is my favourite B.C. Lion. Yes, he has off-the-charts athleticism and pulls the fans out of their seats, but I see a guy who's had a tough upbringing and has made the most of his chances. He's a bit shy and introverted, almost aloof - I don't think he even let's his teammates in (likely due to his past), but he is a real family guy. It's hard not to root for him.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

David wrote:Chris Rainey is my favourite B.C. Lion. Yes, he has off-the-charts athleticism and pulls the fans out of their seats, but I see a guy who's had a tough upbringing and has made the most of his chances. He's a bit shy and introverted, almost aloof - I don't think he even let's his teammates in (likely due to his past), but he is a real family guy. It's hard not to root for him.

DH :cool:
Agreed David. I'm getting his name and # on my orange jersey. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing