Let's pack the dome for the WSF ! WSF ticket sales thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

J5V
Rookie

I just bought my WSF tickets. In no way do I feel that the Riders game is a lock for BC (yet.) But, the Lions' are looking good today.

Let's pack the lower bowl (and more ?) next Sunday. Just keep the peddle to the metal for 2.5 more quarters Lions !
Alputt
Champion

I've got mine! Let's do this!
CardiacKid
Legend

We got ours the instant they became available.....then they lose 2 to Winnipeg. Yoiks! I thought we went and jinxed them. But they got it done.

And for the folks saying the Lion's would be better off to do the cross-over....I have been jonesin' for a home play off game for way too long. And this team needs to max out its exposure in the local market.

So I say a home playoff game is righteous! And playing the crossover is kind of like kissing your cousin.
Alputt
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:We got ours the instant they became available.....then they lose 2 to Winnipeg. Yoiks! I thought we went and jinxed them. But they got it done.

And for the folks saying the Lion's would be better off to do the cross-over....I have been jonesin' for a home play off game for way too long. And this team needs to max out its exposure in the local market.

So I say a home playoff game is righteous! And playing the crossover is kind of like kissing your cousin.
LOL! nice post Cardiac. Never kiss your cousin... WSF! Righteous.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Highly entertaining regular season that produces league's 2nd best record at 12-6. A huge improvement on a year ago and nothing else can compare in this town to the excitement level the Lions have been providing for much of the season.

Now the pressure falls squarely on the shoulders of its biggest weakness — marketing this team and hitting all the right buttons over the next 7 days to create a home field playoff atmosphere at BC Place next Sunday. I know they had to respect their opponent but promoting the Western Semi-Final didn't happen until the 3 minute warning with a lot of people already on their way home. Don't think it would have been a insult to at least mention it at the start of the the quarter and the Lions leading 40-4 at the time.

Little concerned too $47 all in is the lowest entry point cost to buy a ticket. Sure hope there is a big crowd. The team on the field deserves it.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Season ticketholders have until 5 p.m. Monday to secure their seats for the playoffs, and can purchase two extra tickets at discounted prices for every seat they own. I have ordered playoff tickets for my regular seats but I plan to order extras while the discount is available. I just don't know how yet many extra tickets I'll order.
J5V
Rookie

SammyGreene,

There are some tickets priced at $ 38 all-in.

Not that there are huge increases, but, as a bit of a good will gesture they could have left the pricing the same as the regular season. By now they must (hopefully !) recognize those prices are out-of-wack.
QB Club 63
All Star

I see the Canuckleheads are playing the Dallas Stars across the street next Sunday. If I was in the Lions front office I would put up several huge signs facing the Garage, I mean Rogers Arena, advertising a special offer for disgruntled 'Nucks fans: "Come out and support an exciting, winning Vancouver team - get a Lions ticket for half price in exchange for your Canucks ticket". :roar:

There would probably be a huge rush of Nucks fans coming over after the first period so BC Place might have to consider opening the upper bowl! :yahoo:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Can't wait for next Sunday. We have some unfinished business against the Blue Bombers.
Qman
Champion

doubt it
the semi-finals are hard to sell because usually only have a week to sell it ... we will get the usual 22kish

my tickets in $720 zone were $86 at SSH price vs non-SSH is $98 .. single game regular season is $90.
i thought that was slightly high but reasonable
Last edited by Qman on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

Bought mine, plus two more for other family members.
almo89
Legend

Upper endzones are $28.50. Of course they club doesn't even advertise that there are such seats available.
Matt Baker
Rookie

SammyGreene wrote:Highly entertaining regular season that produces league's 2nd best record at 12-6. A huge improvement on a year ago and nothing else can compare in this town to the excitement level the Lions have been providing for much of the season.

Now the pressure falls squarely on the shoulders of its biggest weakness — marketing this team and hitting all the right buttons over the next 7 days to create a home field playoff atmosphere at BC Place next Sunday. I know they had to respect their opponent but promoting the Western Semi-Final didn't happen until the 3 minute warning with a lot of people already on their way home. Don't think it would have been a insult to at least mention it at the start of the the quarter and the Lions leading 40-4 at the time.

Little concerned too $47 all in is the lowest entry point cost to buy a ticket. Sure hope there is a big crowd. The team on the field deserves it.
With all due respect, you're wrong. We've been promoting/advertising tickets for the Western Semi-Final on our BC Lions social media channels for the last 2-3 weeks.
dawg3648
Rookie

Agreed Matty, but lets hope there's a planned full blown campaign this week (Family 4-Pack?). It's been 5 years since a home playoff game and its right there for the taking, with the Nux being so bad. It was great atmosphere on Sat with 26K plus in there.

On a side note. Do you know why the hell there are still Whitecaps banners all up and down Robson and Cambie Bridge?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

dawg3648 wrote:On a side note. Do you know why the hell there are still Whitecaps banners all up and down Robson and Cambie Bridge?
The question came up previously. The city sells banner space to community organizations. The Whitecaps, Lions, PNE, Jazz Festival and others can rent banner space on a certain street for a certain time period. The sponsor group or team pays all costs of the installation.