I Am Here To Talk BC Lions Only

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

brihind88
prospect

Hello, I am brihind88

For real, I am 54 year old Brian Hindman from Calgary and have been following the Lions since I was 4 yrs old. ( 1967 )

As a little kid I did not know anything about the game, but just liked it.

I became a Lions fan in 68 because of " the team with the cute kitty on their head "
Please do not laugh, I was a 5 year old.

However, although I am a Stampeder supporter, the Lions are # 1 in my heart.

I am here for the reason I stated. I am a regular on the CFL.CA forum, but it is loaded with trolls who want to start conflict and go off topic.
I have tried to get talk going on the Lions section of the site, but there is virtually no activity.
The main contributor is a guy by the name of RYMES WITH ORANGE.
Is he here n this site ? Or perhaps FOOTBALL YOU BET, who dropped from the CFL site.

Anyway, I go out to the wonderful city of Vancouver for 2 or 3 games per year since 2010.
Started with how cool it would be to sit in Empire Field and it just carried over to BC Place.

I wish I had joined earlier , but better late than never.
I promise to be respectful, mature keep it on topic for Lions only and will try hard not to repost something that has already been posted.

Now on to tonight's game vs Riders.

Great chance to get second and let's hope for a large crowd to cheer OUR Lions on to victory and host the WSF.

ROAR YOU LIONS ROARS
GO LIONS GO
LETS GO LIONS
Alputt
Champion

Well I am fairly new to this site myself, but welcome! There are some great football minds here and passionate Lions supporters...

I have monitored the CFL forum for a while now but never waded in, too negative and too many trolls as you say. Kind of embarrassing to be the main forum on the official CFL site IMHO.

Lionbackers is where its at!
CardiacKid
Legend

Yes welcome aboard! I too am fairly new to Lionbackers and while I am a die-hard Lions fan (someone else's description) I will never lay claim to be an Xs and Os guy but I get that insight here.
I have never perused the forums at CFL.ca; I found Lionbackers and never felt the need to look elsewhere for serious and respectful football insight.
In fact, if the US election was to maintain the same level of respectful discourse that is consistently seen on Lionbackers, their Nation would be a lot happier IMO.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Welcome, All. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It's really nice to hear such things about an online community. I think that sometimes many of us take for granted just how respectful and knowledgeable fans on this site are. I for one have never had cause to regret being part of the community here and am always happy to see new fans who are interested in football (and other things) and want to come and be a part. Welcome, welcome.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

In previous seasons when the Lions finished first in the west, there was always a lot of discussion on which team you would rather face in the division final between the two division semi-finalists. And even this season for the division semi-finalists, the Lions might have faced the Eskimos instead.

So with that said, it's interesting to see how other teams fans think about their opponents. In this case, would the Stampeders fans rather see the Lions or the Blue Bombers two weeks from now?
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
VictoriaFan
Starter

I remember reading those posts on CFL forums and frankly this is the only site I go to now. The combined knowledge here is amazing, sometimes Blitz's post are long and I get distracted easily, squirrel ! but this is the only site for me!