22,000 Sold for Saturdays Game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dawg3648
Rookie

As per News 1130 this morning. Let's hope the non-existent Lions marketing department can start banging the drum for this game and WDSF game. Their marketing has been abysmal this year IMO.
Qman
Champion

looks like less than 1000 left on ticketmaster.
Rodu
Champion

How many of those tickets were bought by Regina fans?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rodu wrote:How many of those tickets were bought by Regina fans?
Probably most of them.
dawg3648
Rookie

Wow, no credit for a highly entertaining, exciting team looking to host their first playoff game in 5 years? It took a while and with Nux and Caps jointly soiling the sheets in the city, I think people are coming back to this team. Sask/B.C. top rated football game (CFL & NFL) in Canada last week. I think there will be a hell of a lot more orange than green on Saturday.
aklawitter
All Star

dawg3648 wrote:Wow, no credit for a highly entertaining, exciting team looking to host their first playoff game in 5 years? It took a while and with Nux and Caps jointly soiling the sheets in the city, I think people are coming back to this team. Sask/B.C. top rated football game (CFL & NFL) in Canada last week. I think there will be a hell of a lot more orange than green on Saturday.
there is always a very large continent of Riders fans at BC Place
Qman
Champion

aklawitter wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:Wow, no credit for a highly entertaining, exciting team looking to host their first playoff game in 5 years? It took a while and with Nux and Caps jointly soiling the sheets in the city, I think people are coming back to this team. Sask/B.C. top rated football game (CFL & NFL) in Canada last week. I think there will be a hell of a lot more orange than green on Saturday.
rider games always the best sporting atmosphere in vancouver
dawg3648
Rookie

Absolutely great atmosphere, but to say that most of the tickets will be Sask fans is just ridicules. Give your head a shake, they will have 3K max.
almo89
Legend

dawg3648 wrote:Absolutely great atmosphere, but to say that most of the tickets will be Sask fans is just ridicules. Give your head a shake, they will have 3K max.
Even those days when we were packing 50k for Western Finals against them, the number of Sask fans were always overrated. I remember when we had 55k for the 2004 Western Final and when the Lions were on offense, you could hear a pin drop. If there were as many Rider fans there as some people were saying, they would have made some considerable noise. I think when Sask comes in town, BC Lions fans are more willing to get a ticket just to get into the fun.
aklawitter
All Star

via BCLions facebook

Eating out tomorrow?
Head to any downtown #YVR Tim Hortons location, purchase a purrfect Pair (a wrap or sandwich & soup or salad) and receive TWO FREE TIX for our game Saturday vs Saskatchewan Roughriders!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

aklawitter wrote:via BCLions facebook

Eating out tomorrow?
Head to any downtown #YVR Tim Hortons location, purchase a purrfect Pair (a wrap or sandwich & soup or salad) and receive TWO FREE TIX for our game Saturday vs Saskatchewan Roughriders!
Is that the airport or downtown? Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

It's the downtown locations Bob, according to the Lions' Twitter feed. However, a subsequent tweet states "participating" YVR (meaning "Vancouver" - not airport) Tim Hortons while supplies last.

I would definitely call ahead to find out if they're being offered and have any left.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

David wrote:It's the downtown locations Bob, according to the Lions' Twitter feed. However, a subsequent tweet states "participating" YVR (meaning "Vancouver" - not airport) Tim Hortons while supplies last.

I would definitely call ahead to find out if they're being offered and have any left.

DH :cool:
Thnx David. I called and it is just a few available at your downtown locations. I.e. Hastings Dunsmuir Hornby etc. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
dawg3648
Rookie

:yahoo: Well, unless they are holding back some tickets it looks like only about 500 left for the game. "NOT MANY LEFT" shows on Ticketmaster. Gonna be rockin'!!!
CardiacKid
Legend

aklawitter wrote:
There will definitely be a good number of ex-pat stubble jumpers making the journey from the Island for this game. I work with the Victoria School District and I know a number of students will be going whose families hail from the prairies. So entire families will be heading over and of course the 4:00 kick-off makes it all the more enticing.

But regardless of how the loyalties break down for those in attendance, finally some good news about the numbers under the un-dome.