Eskimos vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
almo89 wrote:Ugh 3 man rush sack
Coversge sack. With nine guys in coverage, Jennings ate the ball. He doesn't want to make a mistake tonight.
Yeah I realized it after. Didn't see anything downfield and had to take the sack
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jennings is trying too hard mot to throw an interception. He should throw the ball away and allow the Lions to attempt ankther field goal.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jennings takes a big loss
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That's two holding penalties on Antonio Johnson. The Lions are trying desperately to make this a two-score lead.
bigtooth
Starter

Has Jennings forgotten how to scramble?
yukonlion
All Star

yes he should be rolling out if his first read isnt there, worked in the 1st half
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Use the halfback draw to freeze the lionbackers
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

On that last drive Jennings was locked on his first receivers. He needs to see his second and third options. The pass to Manny for a first down he never took his eyes off 84. That leads to interceptions.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Maas losing it on the sideline
almo89
Legend

Leos giving up the short stuff and letting the clock run
yukonlion
All Star

yes other games when weve had the lead weve given up a quick td....
Alputt
Champion

Well that was a pretty satisfying Lions game day. They played well for the most part and the crowd was decent finally (well 22,800)...

I like the Saturday afternoon games. My only complaint is I couldn't come early and they had sold out of bobbles before kickoff. I think they left some money on the table not making a few thousand more.

Great game by Manny and the 100 milestone!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

I'm thinking we run the clock down to 5 secs. Take a penalty. I like what Wally did though
Very clever. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Alputt wrote:Well that was a pretty satisfying Lions game day. They played well for the most part and the crowd was decent finally (well 22,800)...

I like the Saturday afternoon games. My only complaint is I couldn't come early and they had sold out of bobbles before kickoff. I think they left some money on the table not making a few thousand more.

Great game by Manny and the 100 milestone!
I was surprised too. Bought the one on the counter. I saw an that if you buy 75.00 of merchandise you get a bobblehead. I'm guessing that's where they went to. Try the Lions office Monday. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

One area of concern remains the defensive line. Brooks, Turner, Menard, Bazzie, Forde and Rh all rotated on the D-line but not one of them made a tackle on a running play. Roh was the only D-lineman who made a tackle of any sort, and that was after a 18-yard pass completion. Roh played fewer snaps than normal because Menard played his usual weak-side defensive end spot. Roh was also badly out of position on two long John White runs, including his 31-yard TD in the third quarter.

I didn't think the D-line played badly overall, and the Lions did get some pressure on Reilly, mostly by blitzing their linebackers. urifoy recorded their only sack of the game. The Lions also played more of a 3-4 front than normal, using Arakgi and Lokombo on occasion to relieve Menard and maintain the ratio on defence.