Bombers vs. Lions Game Day Thread - Round 2

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

If we lose this game it totally looks possible right now, I think the Lions may have to consider going with Lulay when you are getting to crunch time. We had a 10 point lead and have pissed it away and are about to be down.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Here's an exclusive look at our playbook for this evening:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/wp-content ... 00x200.png
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Hey look, there's a novel idea. When you're trying to kill time and go for the win, you run the freaking ball .
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I am soooo angry right now.
swervynmerv
Legend

This is an absolute joke.

I tune into the game to see the Lions go up by 10 and now this? No wonder the Lions can't get fans back into the building!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

How important was the missed FG earlier right now.
swervynmerv
Legend

[quote="Sir Purrcival"]How important was the missed FG earlier right now.[/quot

Has Wally seen Leone miss enough yet?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

apparently not
swervynmerv
Legend

An absolute embarrassment tonight
swervynmerv
Legend

The Lions are in trouble.

Games left against Edmonton and two against the Riders. With the way both teams are playing, the Lions could lose all three!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

All I have to say is the Lions lost this. Have done it two weeks in a row and frankly and delusions that they might have been a cup contender have evaporated. They have lost two crucial games and have virtually had control of both of them. A total breakdown at all levels of the game and frankly fans should be angry. I know I am. These guys have the talent but don't have the brains. Simple as that. I'm sure there will be much more detailed breakdowns but they have crapped their own sheets and if they make it to the playoffs, they are going to be on the road which maybe better for them in the long run. Shameful performance in a crucial game.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Well, this was a joke of a finish to add on to an undisciplined joke of a first half.

Or, if you'd prefer, it's really just a regression to the mean of a team that overachieved in the first half of the season.

Coming out of that terrific goal line stand (that was only necessary because of a garbage PI call) with a pass play and five man protection against rush ends that spent most of the game eating your tackles' lunch was completely inexcusable. You run the ball on that drive, at worst gain the field position battle and leverage your offense to give your defense some rest and breathing room up seven. This is basic offensive play calling. Completely inexcusable.
maxlion
Legend

The definition of desperation is...needing the worst kicker of the last decade to kick the longest field goal in history to tie the game.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:The definition of desperation is...needing the worst kicker of the last decade to kick the longest field goal in history to tie the game.
Well yes, but it would have been good from, oh 56 or so. So he has that going for him.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Didn't the Lions have a timeout before Winnipeg last field goal. Abother 20 secs. ThnxBB
Wear orange or wear nothing