Lions popularity and coverage is heating up all across city

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

footballtom
Rookie

Who is going to the game in this weather 19,000 tickets might be sold but i bet only 12,000 show up.
footballtom
Rookie

footballtom wrote:Who is going to the game in this weather 19,000 tickets might be sold but i bet only 12,000 show up.
This not lets go to the football game weather indoors or out. Only the NFL could get away with it
dawg3648
Rookie

Hey Soccer Tom, you want a bet troll? These are football fans not soccer fans. Please remind all of us why are you here? I believe you've been warned.
footballtom
Rookie

dawg3648 wrote:Hey Soccer Tom, you want a bet troll? These are football fans not soccer fans. Please remind all of us why are you here? I believe you've been warned.
By who you i hate soccer by the way
footballtom
Rookie

footballtom wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:Hey Soccer Tom, you want a bet troll? These are football fans not soccer fans. Please remind all of us why are you here? I believe you've been warned.
By who you i hate soccer by the way

I will meet you after the game sometime if you ave guts to show up do not threaten me.
dawg3648
Rookie

Haha...ewww tough guy troll? Again, why are you here if all you do is talk down about this team and league Tommy? Is that what your life has become loser? Sad. And BTW NFL TV and attendance numbers are both down this year. CFL TV #'s are up 16%. I know your hair will probably instantly combust upon hearing that news but its true. See you at the game tonight tough guy.
dawg3648
Rookie

And where exactly did I threaten you idiot?
footballtom
Rookie

dawg3648 wrote:And where exactly did I threaten you idiot?

i will find you
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

footballtom wrote:
dawg3648 wrote:And where exactly did I threaten you idiot?

i will find you
what are you plans if you do?

be careful what you wish for.

I am thinking that you belong on the cfl.ca forums.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
almo89
Legend

footballtom wrote:
footballtom wrote:Who is going to the game in this weather 19,000 tickets might be sold but i bet only 12,000 show up.
This not lets go to the football game weather indoors or out. Only the NFL could get away with it
Dude, did you just quote your own post?
Alputt
Champion

dtrain wrote:I also like the idea of changing the seating configuration to closing off end zones, and opening upper deck between the goal lines.
Does anyone know what capacity this would be?
(upper and lower bowl, between the goal lines only)
I like this idea, I was an old upper deck man myself. Better sightlines than the end zone and great view of the screen. Would like to see the upper bowl tix be priced lower than than downstairs to help it be competitive and retain the current end zone crowds paying $35 per seat...
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Alputt wrote:
dtrain wrote:I also like the idea of changing the seating configuration to closing off end zones, and opening upper deck between the goal lines.
I like this idea, I was an old upper deck man myself. Better sightlines than the end zone and great view of the screen. Would like to see the upper bowl tix be priced lower than than downstairs to help it be competitive and retain the current end zone crowds paying $35 per seat...
I believe this would be a much greater stadium expense and the tickets would have to be higher to even begin to make this feasible
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

With a tree down on my street, power out all over Langley and an early flight booked in the morning, I briefly considered staying home and watching the game on TV. Then I realized I can't watch the game on TV without power so I have to go to the game to see it. TV blackouts are back. I'll be there if traffic conditions allow it.
Alputt
Champion

True it would involve opening the upper concessions and security etc. which I understand BC Place pressured the Lions to close from a financial standpoint...

I just like any idea that might feasibly get me cheap upper bowl tix around the 30 like I enjoyed during the era of the "Gridiron deck"...

Maybe best to find a more modest plan to fill the 27,000 lower bowl before pursuing that option I admit.
almo89
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:
Alputt wrote:
I believe this would be a much greater stadium expense and the tickets would have to be higher to even begin to make this feasible
Yeah I've heard Skulsky talk about it being more expensive because you have to staff people upstairs to run the concessions. I do like the idea though. Sometimes you have to spend a little bit of money for long term gain, but this kind of thinking escapes the current Lions management group. The endzone seats are almost better off being tarped with large photos of legends like Lui, Dewalt, Flemming and all that. Way cooler than having 1 guy in every 20 seats. Nobody wants to pay $43 bucks to sit in the endzone when you can watch it for free in HD at home with all of the camera angles.