Lions vs. Bombers Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Alputt
Champion

I'm pissed at that call. Lions better be pumped to beat the Bombers at home next week...
almo89
Legend

We got hosed on that fumble
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

That safety could be huge. The Lions only need to win by 3 next week to get the tie breaker with Winnipeg.
swervynmerv
Legend

Had a chance to win it but a horrible call on 3rd and 1. We didn't it once already do you not think they would be ready for it. If you can't make one yard with the defence off the ball you don't deserve to win.

That being said that was an absolute awful call by the refs on the fumble
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

rb wrote:There was nothing wrong with the call; all Rainey had to do was cut inside to what was a HUGE open lane.
That's what I saw too.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
aklawitter
All Star

i dont understand how you call a high risk play on 3rd and 1 on the 5 yard line
almo89
Legend

How does the command centre screw that up. It wasn't even those iffy PI ones where it could go either way. This one was a clear fumble. Is Jake Ireland still the head of the command centre?
glenvb
prospect

Neutral here (Esks fan), although I was cheering for the Bombers. You guys just got jobbed on that fumble. Clearly out before he hit the ground.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

That officiating team missed several calls this afternoon.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
rb wrote:There was nothing wrong with the call; all Rainey had to do was cut inside to what was a HUGE open lane.
That's what I saw too.
Yep. He out ran his block.
agent2
All Star

Why bother having all these reviews when they can't get them right when it really counts. We all see a fumble. The announcers see a fumble. And the post game panel unanimously agree it's a fumble. Yet the "command centre" doesn't. How does that happen? My brain is fried, I can only determine the league is showing favoritism.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Belize City Lion wrote:
Hambone wrote:
That's what I saw too.
Yep. He out ran his block.
X4. I thought he should have cut inside for the first diwn. Giulio Caravatta and Wally Buono agreed on the postgame show.
yukonlion
All Star

sinkfield a no show in this game... except for tipping the ball for an int...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:How does the command centre screw that up. It wasn't even those iffy PI ones where it could go either way. This one was a clear fumble. Is Jake Ireland still the head of the command centre?
It seems to me the Command Centre exist to support the officials. It was clear as day that it was a fumble. What was the review official watching ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

yukonlion wrote:sinkfield a no show in this game... except for tipping the ball for an int...
They threw to Sinkfield on the last play of the game. What's the point of signing him if they don't use him ?