Lions vs. Red Blacks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Alputt
Champion

D D D D!
Alputt
Champion

D D D D!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Yes! Big big win!
swervynmerv
Legend

Yes!! We hold on for a big W :yahoo:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Big play by Yell
Alputt
Champion

Awesome game! Was a real nail bitter with the right result! Holy smokes!

I am going to unwind and watch this beautiful west coast sun set and relax, basking in the reflected glory of this HUGE W!

Looking forward to some analysis from the great X's and O's crew later.

Always fun watching a game "with" the Lionbackers online.

Go LIONS!
Last edited by Alputt on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Great game. The Lions found a way to come from behind and close it out. They're back on track.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions are road warriors. 4-1 on the season.
green road kill
Rookie

6 and 3 I'll take that, yes sir not bad not bad at all. For a team that was picked for road droppings,we've opened a few eyes and might just open a few more by seasons end . Every isn't purrfect, but then what is .Just think wear we were last year,man what a deference a year makes. Feeling pretty good about the team right now. Lets just jump on and ride this for a while,and see how far it roles come November
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Nice to see Brooks back in the middle. He makes it much harder to run in there. The pulled out the win but they still have to work on finishing things. Wally and his 2pointers is going to drive me crazy. I would be ok with it if our FG kicking was good but it isn't. Leone needs every rep he can bet. At least save the 2 pointers for places in the game where it makes sense like we saw later on. This always try the 2 point thing after the first TD is pure crap. Tying yourself to that play at that point is completely stupid. At some point critical, it is going to cost us. Tonight could have been one of those nights if the RedBlacks had managed to score a TD and kick the extra point.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Nice to see Brooks back in the middle. He makes it much harder to run in there. The pulled out the win but they still have to work on finishing things. Wally and his 2pointers is going to drive me crazy. I would be ok with it if our FG kicking was good but it isn't. Leone needs every rep he can bet. At least save the 2 pointers for places in the game where it makes sense like we saw later on. This always try the 2 point thing after the first TD is pure crap. Tying yourself to that play at that point is completely stupid. At some point critical, it is going to cost us. Tonight could have been one of those nights if the RedBlacks had managed to score a TD and kick the extra point.
I like the 2-pointers. The Lions are just 7 of 14 on the year (2 for 3 today) but that's 14 points in 14 attempts, which is just as good as having a purrfect kicker. Leone, by the way, is a purrfect 13 of 13 on 1-pointers this year.
Qman
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Nice to see Brooks back in the middle. He makes it much harder to run in there. The pulled out the win but they still have to work on finishing things. Wally and his 2pointers is going to drive me crazy. I would be ok with it if our FG kicking was good but it isn't. Leone needs every rep he can bet. At least save the 2 pointers for places in the game where it makes sense like we saw later on. This always try the 2 point thing after the first TD is pure crap. Tying yourself to that play at that point is completely stupid. At some point critical, it is going to cost us. Tonight could have been one of those nights if the RedBlacks had managed to score a TD and kick the extra point.
I like the 2-pointers. The Lions are just 7 of 14 on the year (2 for 3 today) but that's 14 points in 14 attempts, which is just as good as having a purrfect kicker. Leone, by the way, is a percect 13 of 13 on 1-pointers this year.
average last year was 64% ... so we have room to improve too
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Qman wrote:average last year was 64% ... so we have room to improve too
True. This year's league average on 2-pointers is just under 60%. The Lions have actually pulled down the league average. They've attempted 14 2-point converts this year. The other 8 teams combined have attempted 20.

Still, a 60% average is 1.2 points per convert attempt. You can't get that by kicking.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I hate to be a broken record but we have a kicker who is very spotty with his FG kicking. A PAT is basically a FG these days so he should be getting all the kicks he can in hopes of improving. Do they have a FG coach for Leone? He really could use one if he doesn't. Also, that missed two point convert, could have cost us dearly tonight. The Redblacks gaffed so it didn't happen but they marched down very quickly, in very little time. Would anybody be ok with the missed 2 pointer if we had lost by a single point tonight? There is a place for them, I know but on the first TD of every game? I have never seen a team commit to something like that. It was very deflating for Ottawa to take the lead 10-9 when really they had no business leading at that point. It was also obvious that near the end of the half, that Ottawa had no confidence issue kicking for a 3 pointer and taking the lead heading into the half either. With Leone, it is a major concern. I can't see us trying that kick because of worries over missing and subsequent run back. Problems with the kicking of FG's almost cost us the Hamilton game. This should be a huge priority to nail down. It is going to bite us sooner or later.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
pennw
Legend

I agree with BCfan on the 2 point converts . With the erratic field goal kicking I would want to see them go with all 2 pointers too . Sorry Sir P , IMO BC fan is right , Practise the FGs in Practice or in actual FG situations . During the game , the point is winning and the 2 pointers are giving us more points . Besides , the goal line execution needs all the " practise it can get too . If anything , it is more important to get better at punching the ball across the goal line than our kicker getting extra practise . Kickers don't nessasarily get better simply with more kicks in games when they are missing a lot , sometimes the opposite actually happens , like Bede in Montreal losing his confidence with more misses . And yes Leone has Don Sweet working with him as a coach .
I would sooner see BC dump Shaq Murry Lawerence and bring in a Canadian FG kicker in his place and just keep Leone as a punter , where he is the best in the League. I say this because S-M-l is worst player on our roster who brings nothing in any capacity , and cringe any time he's on the field a. Believe he's a waste of a roster spot that would be far better used on an extra Kicker .