Ticats at Lions postgame stats and comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zeppo
Starter

Sir Purrcival wrote:With regards to the missed FG, Leone should have kicked it hard enough that if he did miss it went through the back of the end zone.
To be fair to Leone, he really can't be thinking this way when he lines up to kick field goals. He needs to focus only on the mechanics of his leg swing, and
the assumption that he will be successful. If the possibility of missing begins to intrude on his mental preparation, he won't last as a professional kicker.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

You can't tell me that at the professional level, that a kicker can't put a little more oomph in his kick when in a situation like Leone found himself in last night. If he can't, then the coaches should have had him punt it though the endzone. Still would have made it a two score game. One can't ever assume you are going to be successful, especially when kicking plus 40 yard line. Strategically, the Lions blew it last night and their mismanagement after the 1st half could have cost them a valuable 2 points.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Blitz wrote: But the second half also showed weaknesses in our offence. We did not have a good game plan for the Hamilton blitz. We don't screen, bubble screen, or have a lot of hot read plays, or quick throw anti-blitz plays. We basically put it all on Jennings. Our running game was also shut down for most of the second half. Johnson had no holes and began to run laterally. Putting in a cold Murray-Lawrence for a running play didn't help.
For sure Blitz. Jennings was throwing a lot of his back foot because of the constant pressure and not much to counter it. He threw for 209 yards in the opening half and nearly 80 on the game winning drive so very little yards for almost the entire 2nd half. The Ti-Cats completely took Burnham out of the equation and he has been such a go to receiver for Jennings.

Not sure what is going on with the offensive line these days. Wally wasn't happy with Hunter Steward's play in the Calgary game 2 weeks ago and relegated him to back up in favour of Tim O'Neil. That continued this past weekend. Just strange seeing a promising player like Steward finally healthy, asked to play position he is not used to, and now benched after a pretty solid start to the season.

Vaillancourt again was not on the active roster this past week and this is turning into a growing concern. 5 games missed in total plus the bye week. Post concussion syndrome? I held a lot of hope for the offensive line getting better and better as the season progressed, especially with young studs Steward and Valliancourt having huge upside.
Antonio Johnson has had a solid season as a rookie at right tackle to the point where the odds of Levy Adcock ever seeing the field this season are getting longer and longer.
David
Team Captain

Charles Vaillancourt was shown on the jumbotron in the first quarter. It looked like he was watching the game with his girlfriend. I think he was shown randomly (by accident) as he wasn't wearing Lions gear, but I totally recognized him. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. "Good" in that he's around loud noise and bright lights. Perhaps not so good because he wasn't on the sideline with his teammates yet?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

On the non call no yards near the end of he game I checked Ianuzzis yardage gained and it looked like 12 to 13 yards. Almost a moot point in a challenge but that ref needs glasses. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
pennw
Legend

David wrote:Charles Vaillancourt was shown on the jumbotron in the first quarter. It looked like he was watching the game with his girlfriend. I think he was shown randomly (by accident) as he wasn't wearing Lions gear, but I totally recognized him. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. "Good" in that he's around loud noise and bright lights. Perhaps not so good because he wasn't on the sideline with his teammates yet?

DH :cool:
Ok , I saw him too then and outside the stadium before the game also. I thought it looked like him but wasn't sure. Hope he gets over that. Anyone know how he got the concussion ?
Alputt
Champion

I thought the call-back of Rainey's electrifying kick return was disappointing. Of course I would but is that how you build an audience for the CFL game? I don't think so it was like the Banks call-back in the Grey Cup we hosted. Lame.

3rd quarter was tedious. As said on TSN the Ti-Cats figured out how to put Jennings on ice and it became a nail biter.

We had the finish! Thanks to Biggie and Manny...

We will beat Calgary on Friday if they look the same as against Sask. I can hardly wait I suppose that's why I am already on the forum on Monday night!

ROAR!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Zach Collaros no longer undefeated against the Lions.