Ti-Cats vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Alputt
Champion

David wrote:
footballtom wrote:
Alputt wrote:Great game in all aspects... Just waiting for a cab. I'm a happy fan look forward to reading some analysis when I get home. Attendance? Better than last game.

21,000 ?? does somebody know
Attendance: 21,213

Looked at bit more to me. I would have guess in the 22K range. I would expect 2K more for Calgary, despite being less than a week between home games.

DH :cool:
Huh. I guess that seems about right. We had been back to back Caps / Lions, and seemed more for Caps, BUT they tarp off areas so I thought Lions more.

WAY more entertaining at Lions...
Qman
Champion

David wrote:
footballtom wrote:
Alputt wrote: Attendance: 21,213

Looked at bit more to me. I would have guess in the 22K range. I would expect 2K more for Calgary, despite being less than a week between home games.

Huh. I guess that seems about right. WE had been back to back Caps / Lions, and seemed more for Caps, BUT they tarp off areas so I thought Lions more.

WAY more entertaining at Lions...
i was at the cap game too. lots and lots of no shows (i assume vacations), almost like ccl crowd. i would say 15-16k butts in seats. can't have weekday games in vancouver anymore. too much traffic.
more at lions game tonite, remember sections are full right to top, not tarping one 1/3rd of seats. 21-22k seems right

very upset crowd at caps game, worst effort i have seen at caps game.
Tonites game was way more atmosphere, but really dragged in 3rd quarter. CFL has to figure our how to get the game down to 2.5hrs
Alputt
Champion

i was at the cap game too. lots and lots of no shows (i assume vacations), almost like ccl crowd. i would say 15-16k butts in seats. can't have weekday games in vancouver anymore. too much traffic.
more at lions game tonite, remember sections are full right to top, not tarping one 1/3rd of seats. 21-22k seems right

very upset crowd at caps game, worst effort i have seen at caps game.
Tonites game was way more atmosphere, but really dragged in 3rd quarter. CFL has to figure our how to get the game down to 2.5hrs
Yeah Caps game sucked. Lions was a way better experience, W aside. I might be biased but thats my feeling. Lions are hot this year the market should catch up.
Last edited by Alputt on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:Attendance: 21,213

It looked like about 22,000 to me too, and it was definitely the loudest and most passionate crowd in years, right from the opening kickoff to the final series. It was a playoff-like football atmosphere.
Alputt
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:

It looked like about 22,000 to me too, and it was definitely the loudest and most passionate crowd in years, right from the opening kickoff to the final series. It was a playoff-like football atmosphere.
Oh yes absolutely! In lowly 207 we had fans from all over for their first game in years and way more full seats than usual. Guy behind me was from upstate New York (cruise ship?) and after I explained a few differences from his usual football was STOKED. It was a great CFL game.
Qman
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:

lots of kids and families too tonite
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

footballtom wrote:Love our QB he is as exciting as Doug flute
but not quite as exciting as doug flutie.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Alputt
Champion

So I just have to comment, from Jennings' cool head in the pocket and help from an amazingly deep receiver core from Arceneaux and Burnham on stride, I am a PROUD Lions fan this year. Solid D from the indomitable 100? Wow!
Last edited by Alputt on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alputt
Champion

OK perhaps a bit heady since I just got home from the game and admittedly had a few pops, but dammit I am feeling better about these Lions than I have for a couple years. Jennings? YES!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Alputt wrote:Great game in all aspects... Just waiting for a cab. I'm a happy fan look forward to reading some analysis when I get home. Attendance? Better than last game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Adam Bighill bobblehead night and he came to play. Named defensive star of the game: 7 tackles, 1 sack and 1 interception.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:Adam Bighill bobblehead night and he came to play. Named defensive star of the game: 7 tackles, 1 sack and 1 interception.
Not only his interception, but the runback of 25 or 30yards set up a field goal after the O couldn't move the ball.
green road kill
Rookie

Nice comments after the game , I'm with Alport proud to be a BC fan.The Leo's were guilty of one thing
on Sat,they wen't home before the game was over.But that last drive,that was something else. I thought the game was over after the Banks TD, but to do that , to drive the ball and score. It shows what kind of team we have, and it's a HELL OF A GOOD ONE.
looking forward to the game Friday,watched the Rider game and there is no reason to think,theLeo's can't lay a ass wupon on the stumps.

Any body that thinks we missed something in picking Wally over Jones ,should take a good look at the
gong show mess out here
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well, you can certainly take this away from the last minute heroics. The best teams always find ways to win even the close ones. They haven't always done that this season (Calgary, cough, cough) but they have also found ways to win some close ones this year (Calgary, cough, Hamilton, cough). At least these kinds of games are good preparation for close match ups in post season play. Sometimes it seems that teams that have their way for the bulk of the season truly struggle when they finally come up against some adversity, especially young teams. Each game like this contributes to a more experienced, more seasoned set of players who can believe that they can come back or persevere in the face of adversity. Not sure my ticker can always take it but it sure is enjoyable when the rewards come.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I also think that the way the Lions almost lost to the Cats is good prep for the Stamps on Friday. They won't be overconfident and I hope if they get a lead the play calling doesn't fall into a play to not lose game plan.