Welcome back Courtney Taylor!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zeppo
Starter

Blitz wrote:I still don't understand why we would drop Damaris Johnson.

He wasn't dropped, he was signed by Tampa Bay off the PR. Kelvin Palmer (OT) was the player who was released.
David
Team Captain

zeppo wrote:He wasn't dropped, he was signed by Tampa Bay off the PR. Kelvin Palmer (OT) was the player who was released.
Nope. It was definitely the other way 'round from everything I've read. Johnson released, Palmer signed by Bucs, and Palacio signed by Seahawks.

You wonder whether with Johnson whether it was performance (doubtful) or voluntary (he requested release) or disciplinary (i.e. off-field issue). I guess it would be Murray-Lawrence and Iannuzzi returning kicks if Chris Rainey gets hurt.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
squishy35
Legend

David wrote:
zeppo wrote:He wasn't dropped, he was signed by Tampa Bay off the PR. Kelvin Palmer (OT) was the player who was released.
Nope. It was definitely the other way 'round from everything I've read. Johnson released, Palmer signed by Bucs, and Palacio signed by Seahawks.

You wonder whether with Johnson whether it was performance (doubtful) or voluntary (he requested release) or disciplinary (i.e. off-field issue). I guess it would be Murray-Lawrence and Iannuzzi returning kicks if Chris Rainey gets hurt.

Iannuzzi has an uncanny knack for making decent returns without the benefit of blazing speed.
zeppo
Starter

David wrote:
Yes, Beamish confirmed this in today's Sun. The Lion's website had the wrong information posted.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

David wrote:

It says something about the quality of your roster when 2 NFL teams are signing guys off your practice roster.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:It says something about the quality of your roster when 2 NFL teams are signing guys off your practice roster.
I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're quite right, and especially at a time when NFL training camp rosters are already full.