Leos at Home to Tabbies

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
caobax wrote:Spoke with a 'hoarse' Leo today who told me that great home teams take advantage of performing arts shows or radio raffles. This Leos organs appeared to sound constanly high pitch or congested following a road trip. Nevertheless, Laurie explained to me more about that half time infield presentation. I then said, Laurie, how sew? I later received a text message saying these clubs with plush home records permit their Gatorade crew and staff to study or enjoy half time events while the referees directs the away team back on the football arena...

Is there anyone on Lionbackers that can translate the above paragraph for me because I don't understand a single sentence written above. :dizzy: :dizzy:
It's just you Dano, made purrfect sense to everybody else.

Not :yahoo:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
dawg3648
Rookie

Truer words have never been spoken!..... " How can you argue with that frontier gibberish!" (Blazinging Saddles 1974)
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

dawg3648 wrote:Truer words have never been spoken!..... " How can you argue with that frontier gibberish!" (Blazinging Saddles 1974)
"I'm particulary glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech."
Blitz
Team Captain

I'm really starting to get excited about this game.

We have never beaten Collaras...he is 3-0 against us...with a win when he was with Toronto and two wins against us playbing for Hamilton.

Tough that Menard will likely not take reps and that Brooks will not play. Hoping Bryant Turner Jr. can have another good game. I liked Hudson's play for his first game for our Leos.

I'm surprised that we will start 36 year old, 300 pound O'Neil again at left guard rather than the talented Steward, at 323 pounds. Steward goes to backup lineman for his second game in a row.

Steward was first round draft choice of our Leos and he started and played impressively at left tackle for us for 7 games in 2014. Though Steward only had two years of college experience playing left tackle, he didn’t allow a sack during his career at Liberty.
Published on: May 31, 2016 | Last Updated: May 31, 2016 ​
Hunter Steward, the B.C. Lions’ first-round draft pick in 2013, moves from left tackle to guard this year.
Steward is every inch a prototypical left tackle — the position he played when the Lions drafted him from Liberty University and their starting LT in training camp last year — before he broke his foot on the second day of camp.

“How are we going to get bigger?” asks head coach Wally Buono. “We want to be more physical. We’re worried about 2016. We’re not worried about next year.”

Some feel that Steward eventually will return to his natural position. In the meantime, it’s no piece of cake, learning a new position, but he has Dorazio there to help him.

“It’s something different, something new,” Steward said. “I’ve never played guard before. You just have to embrace it. I’ve been in Surrey (practice facility) the whole winter, learning from Dan. At first, I was a little apprehensive. But, in the grand scheme of things, it adds to my value, to be able to play another position.”
Hunter Steward is a mean, aggressive, athletic offensive lineman. Wally said he wanted a bigger, more aggressive offensive line this

Travis Lulay has a high opinion of Sterd:
“It’s a good sign when you look at a big dude like Hunter and figure he’s 300 pounds. Then he tells you he’s 330 pounds,” quarterback Travis Lulay says of the six-foot-seven tackle. “He carries his weight really well. When you see him pull to make blocks, and do footwork drills, he’s not a slow, lumbering guy. He’s a pretty explosive, athletic player
My guess is that Steward is still working on the transition to guard but he falls into the category of aggressive, big, mean like Vaillencourt and Adcock..... and Steward is the most athletic of all of our offensive lineman.

I still believe our best staring offensive line lineup will be Olofiye, Steward, Husband, Vaillencourt, Adcock when all are healthy.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
CardiacKid
Legend

I am beginning to become concerned over Vaillaincourt's health. This concussion and it's after affects seem to be lingering indefinitely with no improvement. At least no improvement reported by the Lions as I could find.

I hope this young man's promising career isn't over before it begins.
Blitz
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:I am beginning to become concerned over Vaillaincourt's health. This concussion and it's after affects seem to be lingering indefinitely with no improvement. At l east no improvement reported by the Lions as I could find.

I hope this young man's promising career isn't over before it begins.

Me too!! It will be six games now with Vaillencourt out of the lineup and he didn't even know he had suffered a concussion until after he played his second game.

Interesting fact. If Jennings passes fopr more than 300 yards tonite (and Hamilton has the CFL's best pass defence) hits the 300-yard he will join Dave Dickenson, Casey Printers and Doug Flutie as the only Lions to accomplish the feat of four 300 yard plus passing yards four games in a row.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

One advantage to having a vet like O'Neil starting beside a rookie starting centre like Husband that was pointed out by a TSN radio guy, is that O'Neil out there can help with reading the D and figuring out blocking schemes. Even if he isn't saying anything while they are on the field I could see a benefit of O'Neil and Husband just exchanging notes on the bench between plays. (I know that if taken out of context that sounds kinda gay...good thing nobody cares about that kinda stuff anymore). :wink:

I hope the Lions play a lot of single and twin tight ends with Steward coming in to play tackle and Big O shifting to TE. The best way to keep the ball out of Zack's hands and Banks for that matter is to play ball control with lots of running and short passes, and screens to the RB.
Blitz
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:One advantage to having a vet like O'Neil starting beside a rookie starting centre like Husband that was pointed out by a TSN radio guy, is that O'Neil out there can help with reading the D and figuring out blocking schemes. Even if he isn't saying anything while they are on the field I could see a benefit of O'Neil and Husband just exchanging notes on the bench between plays. (I know that if taken out of context that sounds kinda gay...good thing nobody cares about that kinda stuff anymore). :wink:

I hope the Lions play a lot of single and twin tight ends with Steward coming in to play tackle and Big O shifting to TE. The best way to keep the ball out of Zack's hands and Banks for that matter is to play ball control with lots of running and short passes, and screens to the RB.
So true DanoT...but we dont' screen! However, we do run the football and I hope we can do that. However, Hamilton has a very good defensive line led by Laurent and Chick. They will blitz Lawrence from his linebacking position. Hamilton has the best pass defence in the CFL, in part due to the pressure and sacks they get. A good running game would help to slow that pass rush down.

O'Neil was a backup guard last year in Hamilton. Steward is a talent and he is not going to make the transition to guard successfully unless he plays.

There have been a ton of articles this week about the return of Collaras.

"I guarantee you'll see a different energy from us. I feel like things will be a little different with Zach back there, like his skill set plays more toward our strength as a team," said veteran Hamilton offensive lineman Brian Simmons. "Having Zach back there this week, it's been different ... but also the same, like he never left."

This is going to be a tough game for us to win. I sure hope we can get an early lead to temper Hamilton's excitement about the return of Collaras.
joewillie63
Rookie

How cool was that? 8-0