Nick Moore Gone for Season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Alputt
Champion

That sucks... was hoping for big things from Nick... Must say Burnham and Gore who I considered secondary receivers seem to have stepped up.
Big Time
Champion

It sucks to get injured on a celebration but if that's all it took to blow out his ACL, then it was only a question of when, not if it was going to happen. It's a bad look for Moore, but that's not going to change the injury from happening. Sorry to see him go and hope he recovers.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:
DanoT wrote:I guess someone might as well say it: Moore continues to be injury prone and getting yourself out for the season as a result of a TD celebration :wag: :wag: pretty much defines "injury prone".
Wally refused to say the celebration was the cause though, when interviewed for 3 down radio. He likened it to when Dave Dickenson blew his knee out --sort of the accumulation of wear and tear, as opposed to a sudden trauma. Still, it's too bad for both Moore & the team. I expect this is the final act in his career in pro football.
No one here is a bigger fan of Nick Moore than I've been.

But at this point, there's better, healthier value at the position for the salary. So I understand this position and am inclined to agree, though I'd be happy to be wrong.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

jcalhoun wrote:
DanoT wrote:I guess someone might as well say it: Moore continues to be injury prone and getting yourself out for the season as a result of a TD celebration :wag: :wag: pretty much defines "injury prone".
Wally refused to say the celebration was the cause though, when interviewed for 3 down radio. He likened it to when Dave Dickenson blew his knee out --sort of the accumulation of wear and tear, as opposed to a sudden trauma. Still, it's too bad for both Moore & the team. I expect this is the final act in his career in pro football.
Just because Moore is injury prone this current injury is not necessarily the end of his career, but it might mean another drop in wages going forward.
Rodu
Champion

Was he on just a one year contract?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rodu wrote:Was he on just a one year contract?
I believe so.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.