When the Hell is this team going to be sold?!?!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:OTOH I have always thought that it was a mistake and an unnecessary extravagance to replace all the seats in BCP especially the end zone which even in the best scenario wouldn't get utilized very much and produces less revenue than seats between the goal lines.
The old blue seats were an eyesore and stood out a lot more on TV when they were empty than the new orange and grey ones. They were also tight and uncomfortable. I've had season tickets in the end zone for 20 years and many of the people in our section have been there for just as long. We deserve comfortable seats too.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

What they should have or could have done with the end zones or at least one was to create patio style dining. You could sit at a table, have a meal, watch the game and catch the occasional football kicked into the stands (or have it wipe out your table). Kind of like luxury boxes without the boxes. Such things could be reconfigured for playoff games, etc. Have a nice brew in a real glass, get one of the restaurant chains (like whitespot) to provide a real menu experience. Think of all the TSN cutout scenes with tanned Vancouverites enjoying a sumptuous meal while at the game al fresco when the roof is open and in shorts and tanks when it is closed in Oct.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Sir Purrcival wrote:What they should have or could have done with the end zones or at least one was to create patio style dining. You could sit at a table, have a meal, watch the game and catch the occasional football kicked into the stands (or have it wipe out your table). Kind of like luxury boxes without the boxes. Such things could be reconfigured for playoff games, etc. Have a nice brew in a real glass, get one of the restaurant chains (like whitespot) to provide a real menu experience. Think of all the TSN cutout scenes with tanned Vancouverites enjoying a sumptuous meal while at the game al fresco when the roof is open and in shorts and tanks when it is closed in Oct.
Probably appealing to Vancouver's hipsters but way too avant-guard for conservative thinking inside the box Lion's management...and they don't get to decide these types of things anyways.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Sir Purrcival wrote:What they should have or could have done with the end zones or at least one was to create patio style dining. You could sit at a table, have a meal, watch the game and catch the occasional football kicked into the stands (or have it wipe out your table). Kind of like luxury boxes without the boxes. Such things could be reconfigured for playoff games, etc. Have a nice brew in a real glass, get one of the restaurant chains (like whitespot) to provide a real menu experience. Think of all the TSN cutout scenes with tanned Vancouverites enjoying a sumptuous meal while at the game al fresco when the roof is open and in shorts and tanks when it is closed in Oct.
Sounds like you're describing Club Orange.

http://www.bclions.com/cluborange/
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
DanoT wrote:OTOH I have always thought that it was a mistake and an unnecessary extravagance to replace all the seats in BCP especially the end zone which even in the best scenario wouldn't get utilized very much and produces less revenue than seats between the goal lines.
The old blue seats were an eyesore and stood out a lot more on TV when they were empty than the new orange and grey ones. They were also tight and uncomfortable. I've had season tickets in the end zone for 20 years and many of the people in our section have been there for just as long. We deserve comfortable seats too.
Also gets to a point where 30 year old seats going on 40 year old seats would start to have issues. As indestructible as they seemed I'm sure there were getting to be some maintenance costs associated with them, costs that had been trending upwards and would only continue to do so.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TofinoLions
prospect

the BC Lions should be selling out the lower bowl every game. upper bowl shouldn't be out of question. However they aren't right now. A decent team w/ exciting QB and young athletic fun players all over. MVP LB.

I know whitecaps are selling cheap tix and i have noticed tons of freebies all over. I was handed free tix in a mall north of vancouver last week. I asked for 4 more she gave me 4 more. I had to connect to ticket mater and enter a promo code. I didn't go but I could have.

So whats so special about the whitecaps ownership group? CFL should sell itself and not whitecaps. why are ppl going to these games? who cares abaout MLScup. if they win what do they accomplish? nobody in the world cares and its really not important to the city. But these ppl are going.

are they tourists? visitor fans? all freebies?

what is it.