Argos vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

swervynmerv
Legend

Nice response drive by the Lions. May be too little too late. Need a big play by the D the next series
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Defence need to force a 2 and out
swervynmerv
Legend

:bang: :bang: just like last year, give up a big play on second and long.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Our DBs are getting so beat, they can't handle the big Argo wide outs.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Argo field goal should seal the deal
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Argo field goal should seal the deal
The Tao of Wally wasn't happening tonight. Back to some reality. Lulay looked good overall. I thought Anthony Allen had a great game and deserves to start again.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Tough game to watch. The Lions certainly could have had this one had certain things not happened. Early fumbles, the missed Phillips pick,the missed Edem pick all coming at crucial moments. Then a questionable, roughing call that sustains a drive that eventually led to a TD. Not the D's fault per se, just tired at the end of the game. It seemed like the field was really tilted towards the Argo's tonight.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Alputt
Champion

Sir Purrcival wrote:Tough game to watch. The Lions certainly could have had this one had certain things not happened. Early fumbles, the missed Phillips pick,the missed Edem pick all coming at crucial moments. Then a questionable, roughing call that sustains a drive that eventually led to a TD. Not the D's fault per se, just tired at the end of the game. It seemed like the field was really tilted towards the Argo's tonight.
Agreed. Close game but a few missed "clutch" moments tilted for Toronto...
CardiacKid
Legend

Larry Key wrote:Our DBs are getting so beat, they can't handle the big Argo wide outs.
They made Chad Owens expendable and are a handful for most teams. A Patrick Watkins type corner is needed for the one on one battles with Toronto's big 3.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Becoming obvious that the Lions are in need of a stud defensive end.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Roughing the passer. Very questionable call
Outrageous call. Brilliantly called and executed blitz ruined by wildly overzealous, boneheaded officiating for RTP and an equally ludicrous denial of the correct call on Buono's part to challenge.

At that point I stopped watching. A joke. An absolute joke.(And I'm not coming from a Lions fan butthurt perspective here, I'd have the same view of the call regardless of the parties).
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Lions4ever wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Roughing the passer. Very questionable call
Outrageous call. Brilliantly called and executed blitz ruined by wildly overzealous, boneheaded officiating for RTP and an equally ludicrous denial of the correct call on Buono's part to challenge.

At that point I stopped watching. A joke. An absolute joke.(And I'm not coming from a Lions fan butthurt perspective here, I'd have the same view of the call regardless of the parties).
I think it will be near impossible for the Command Centre to over rule a ref's Roughing the Passer call for the rest of the season because they sure refused to do it on that play. :bang:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

On the in-stadium replay, it looked like a clean hit. I joined fans in the stadium in loudly booing the call and the command centre's ruling to uphold it. On the TSN broadcast, which I watched after I got home, it looked like Lokombo's arm not only wrapped up Ray's head but twisted it awkwardly. I think it was entirely inadvertent but intention is not a factor in the rule book. A high hit is automatically a penalty. I can see why the call was made and upheld. It was still the key play of the game, and that's unfortunate, but the B.C. defence really let down afterwards and the Argos drove the field for their only touchdown.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

that roughing the passer was a righteous call. He was laying backward over a lion and had his head pulled hard enough to lift his butt off the ground.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
CardiacKid
Legend

I agree it was the correct call. I was angry as hell when it was called but the fact it involved the head, the refs were right to call it. I don't think for a second that Bo Lokombo is the type of player to skirt with being a dirty player a la Cleyon Laing; just unfortunate.