CFL's Top 50 Players

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Bighill :thup: The ultimate pro.

Harris :thup: Some will say overrated. Not this fan. Although he does now have lots of mileage on his frame.

Reilly :thup: Gamer.

Ray :thup: Hall of Fame

Olafioye :thup: Solid

Manny :thup: Explosive

Solly :thup: Awesome

Jennings :thup: Some will say too soon. Not this fan. Last year is on film. Could he slide a bit? Sure. Could he climb? For sure.

Phillips :thup: Cover guy supreme. Don't look for hard hits, not his style.

Glenn :thup: Does not get the respect nor recognition he deserves. Just ask Huf. We threw him to the wolves here.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Rammer
Team Captain

WCJ, put me in the camp of not respecting Glenn. He isn't in the top 6 of CFL starting QB's. Noway he gets into the top 50 players if I was doing the selections. Too many games that he looks less than ordinary, and his iNT rate shows that he is about self preservation,m. Not that I blame him, but he doesn't stand in the pocket like DD did, at a similar size.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:WCJ, put me in the camp of not respecting Glenn. He isn't in the top 6 of CFL starting QB's. Noway he gets into the top 50 players if I was doing the selections. Too many games that he looks less than ordinary, and his iNT rate shows that he is about self preservation,m. Not that I blame him, but he doesn't stand in the pocket like DD did, at a similar size.
I hear ya, Rammer. Ya non-believer. LOL

I am not his biggest fan. Not even really a fan. But, it seems to me, that if he is given time in the pocket, he can carve up a defence.

He needs top level pass protection. Very immobile as a QB. At a quick glance his Int rate does not look that bad.

Heck, he might even have a shot at the CFL Hall of Fame. LOL If he had won a Grey Cup, I think he could walk right into the HoF.

As I said, not that much of a fan, but I try to give him some respect. And by the way, I thought we screwed up twice with him: 1.
trading a 1st round pick for him. 2. Cutting him loose a year later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Rammer
Team Captain

I hear you WCJ on Glenn, but in hindsight releasing Glenn allowed the Lions to restock on young QB's. Plus the return of a fan favorite in Lulay, team first QB. Glenn may find his way to the HoF, even with his stats that are more about longevity than being a top QB. Let's put it this way, I am very happy that he is on another CFL team and that sums up his career. If you don't have a better starting QB than Glenn it is going to be hard pressed to make the playoffs.
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I was more of a Glenn fan prior to him becoming a Lion because in B.C. he was mediocre, imo.

I don't really know what the criteria is for entering the HoF but it is safe to say that there was no season where Glenn was the best QB in the league and maybe not the second best. He has had a long career though.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:I was more of a Glenn fan prior to him becoming a Lion because in B.C. he was mediocre, imo.

I don't really know what the criteria is for entering the HoF but it is safe to say that there was no season where Glenn was the best QB in the league and maybe not the second best. He has had a long career though.
yeah, what is it about the lions.

barrett played pretty good for the stampeders, then came to the lions and bombed.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Personally, I can't see Glen being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Personally, I can't see Glen being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
why not?
pennw
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Personally, I can't see Glen being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
why not?
Why?
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:
why not?
Why?
Serviceable journeyman. Not exceptional.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

for what it is worth, while playing for a number of different teams, his career stats show him 6th all time in yards for cfl
and 3rd in completion pct. isn't that good enough???
pennw
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:for what it is worth, while playing for a number of different teams, his career stats show him 6th all time in yards for cfl
and 3rd in completion pct. isn't that good enough???
Yet most fans seem glad when he's no longer on their team. Glenn seems to be the QB teams take out of desperation when they got no body else, just like the Als now , and are quick to discard when a legit starter comes along . Lots of teams have been content to let him walk .