2016 CFL Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

pennw
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:Yeah, thought that interference call was weak. Personally, thought the receiver should have gotten award for the most dramatic attempt to fall and make it look he was interfered with. But no one is ever really happy with the officiating. They got their gift tonight which I guess is fair enough given that last week they were the ones who lost their QB.
Rider fans should be happy with the officiating as they seem to get homer reffing at Mosiac all the time . This game is just another case in point . The two pass interference situations once again simply favoured the riders and helped them win . If any thing , the call against Ottawa was not PI and the non-call was PI . I guess there are benefits to being "canada's team". I know rider fan's are not happy with the reffing because they think it should be much more slanted their way.
MikeAK
All Star

pennw wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:Yeah, thought that interference call was weak. Personally, thought the receiver should have gotten award for the most dramatic attempt to fall and make it look he was interfered with. But no one is ever really happy with the officiating. They got their gift tonight which I guess is fair enough given that last week they were the ones who lost their QB.
Rider fans should be happy with the officiating as they seem to get homer reffing at Mosiac all the time . This game is just another case in point . The two pass interference situations once again simply favoured the riders and helped them win . If any thing , the call against Ottawa was not PI and the non-call was PI . I guess there are benefits to being "canada's team". I know rider fan's are not happy with the reffing because they think it should be much more slanted their way.
It's disgusting really. I'm hopeful it isn't on purpose, but damn that was some shady reffing going on. I know the league needs SSK to be in it but it shouldn't be so transparent.
CardiacKid
Legend

pennw wrote:I guess there are benefits to being "canada's team".
:puke:

Man, I always get sick when I hear that...
David
Team Captain

My biggest issue is with the Command Centre. I can't count the number of head-scratching decisions that are being made up there. It's as though the coach throws down the challenge flag, the head referee goes to the sideline (rouses them from a deep slumber), then they spin a giant wheel in which the arrow will land on "Uphold" or "Over-Turn." :juggle:

Last night in Regina, Rick Campbell threw a challenge flag late in the game on alleged "pass interference" on Abdul Kanneh, one of the best short side cover men in the league. Clearly, the Rider receiver saw the ball was going to sail over his head and turned into Kanneh. Plain as day! It was upheld as PI.

Earlier, Jones challenged a sack by the Redblacks' Zack Evans in which he came up high on Mitch Gale. Under the letter of the law to protect quarterbacks this is now considered "roughing the passer." It was textbook helmet-to-helmet (do I think this should be roughing the passer? No, but those are the new rules). If it were on Ricky Ray who, by far, gets the most gifted calls in the league, there most certainly would have been a flag on the play.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
almo89
Legend

In a QB driven league, too many QB's getting injured in recent years. Not sure if it's just normal and more magnified in a 9 team league, but it really sucks to see somebody like Harris get hurt. He was on pace to throw for over 6000 yards. I really wanted to see it happen. Hopefully he's not out long.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

rather listen to rod black than that abomination of a half time show at Edmonton today. ouch, my poor ears.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Absolutely incredible game under way in Edmonton. The Eskimos built up a 31-6 lead against Hamilton early in the third quarter. The Ticats have been purrfect since, scoring 28 straight to take a 34-31 lead with 9 minutes left.

Jeremiah Masoli set a CFL record with 23 consecutive completions before missing two passes in the red zone. Now 37-31 Hamilton with just over 3 minutes left.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Unbelievable! Hamilton scored 31 straight points in the second half behind Masoli's record-breaking performance to win 37-31 and help the Lions and Stamps. That proves that no lead is safe.

I wonder if the knives will be out for Mike Benevides as DC in Edmonton.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote: I wonder if the knives will be out for Mike Benevides as DC in Edmonton.
I think they just don't have the personnel. It is why I guessed in my prediction that they would not do so well.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Unbelievable! Hamilton outscored Edmonton 31-0 in the second half behind Masoli's record-breaking performance to win 37-31 and help the Lions and Stamps. That proves that no lead is safe.

Actually 31-7 Schmoes first 2nd half drive resulted in a TD
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Alputt
Champion

Hamilton @ Edmonton, what an amazing football game! And with the added bonus of the Lions retaining first place in the West!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Actually 31-7 Schmoes first 2nd half drive resulted in a TD
Correct. I fixed my initial post.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Incredible game. Road teams are still continuing their mastery over home teams.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Unbelievable! Hamilton scored 31 straight points in the second half behind Masoli's record-breaking performance to win 37-31 and help the Lions and Stamps. That proves that no lead is safe.

They were saying during the broadcast Eskimos passing defence ranked at the bottom of the league. Wonder if Benny & Lapolice wish they were still working for TSN?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I saw just a bit of the 3rd quarter. Big lead for Edmonton. Hamilton scored a TD. Benny had his guys blitzing way more than when he was here.

Wondering ... Did he take the pressure packages off?

Or did he keep them on, and Masoli solved them?

I missed the rest of the game.

Benny is a great guy, but this CFL fan is still not so sure he is a top DC. MW, on the other hand, seems to have really upped his game.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.