2016 CFL Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

CardiacKid wrote:
sj-roc wrote:A 53-7 Ham win at home over Ssk caps off a week of CFL blowouts that saw an average margin of victory of over 30pts.

TV ratings will not be stellar for this week, methinks. On top of the lack of drama in the product there was also the Tragically Hip's final concert being broadcast and webcast by the CBC (just heading into encore with New Orleans is Sinking as I type) being foremost in the minds of many this weekend.
Rod Pedersen is still doing his toxic troll schtick, this time on Twitter. Today he tweeted and I quote, "The conspiracy continues". Looks like he tweeted this about 45 minutes into the Riders game.

Ho hum.

Pederson is getting way more flack from other media, social media, and non Rider fans around the CFL that he is enjoying the notoriety and running with it. "I don't have to follow the rules" Jones loves the "us against the world" scenario so Pederson is being a good puppy dog and is doing just what Jones wants. :popcorn:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

He is hardly worth any attention he gets.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Oh boy, things just keep being exciting in Riderland. Honestly, you might think that I have nothing better to do than read what goes on over there but lately it has almost been as good as Trump TV.

Here is the next thing - all completely speculative so take it with a grain of salt.

http://ckrm.streamon.fm/august-20-2016- ... 20ckrm.com

At 1hr and 13 minutes a caller phones in from Calgary with a story about more fines to come. I am dubious personally but it sure is stirring the pot.
CardiacKid
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:He is hardly worth any attention he gets.
Well, he has changed his Twiiter bio to no longer include the line, "voice of Canada's team". Maybe, just maybe, he took a good look around and found a significant number of CFL fans weren't too pleased with the Rider's actions.
Lionsfan65
Starter

CardiacKid wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:He is hardly worth any attention he gets.
Well, he has changed his Twiiter bio to no longer include the line, "voice of Canada's team". Maybe, just maybe, he took a good look around and found a significant number of CFL fans weren't too pleased with the Rider's actions.
He might not be as influential as he likes to think he is. I have a family member who has lived in Saskatchewan his whole life, and is a die-hard rider fan who never heard of him. :shock: :shock:
aklawitter
All Star

Burris benched for Harris in Ottawa

I wonder if he'll take his clipboard and shove it
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

aklawitter wrote:Burris benched for Harris in Ottawa

I wonder if he'll take his clipboard and shove it

Burris should just take his paycheque and shove it... in the bank.

AFAIK for this season Burris is getting starter money and Harris is getting backup money, but for next year the contract money is reversed. So for Burris the switch to a backup role looks to be a 1/2 season early but without costing him and money. So I don't expect any sulking but OTOH we are talking about Henryyyyyyyyyyyy!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Following a horrendous 1-4 start, the Bombers seem to have right the ship and is on a 4 game winning streak pulling within 2 points of the Lions.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Following a horrendous 1-4 start, the Bombers seem to have right the ship and is on a 4 game winning streak pulling within 2 points of the Lions.
The Lions are not getting much help from other teams this week. Edmonton is up 19-0 on Saskatchewan in the first half and will pull even with Winnipeg with a victory. I hope Hamilton can knock off Calgary on Sunday.
Alputt
Champion

Riders suddenly seem to be back from the dead in the second half... 19 - 22 and with momentum...
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Saskatchewan has scored 19 straight points to close the gap to 22-19 at the end of the third quarter in Edmonton. The Riders also recovered an onside kick and brought in Brandon Bridge at QB for two plays to set up their first TD.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Unfortunately for the Riders, it was again a case of too little, too late. They were in tough to win this game to begin with but at least it wasn't a one-sided rout. Good on them for continuing to try. After that first Q and first 1/2, they could have folded up like a cheap tent.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder how many more players Chris Jones is going to bring in ?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Following a horrendous 1-4 start, the Bombers seem to have right the ship and is on a 4 game winning streak pulling within 2 points of the Lions.
The Lions are not getting much help from other teams this week. Edmonton is up 19-0 on Saskatchewan in the first half and will pull even with Winnipeg with a victory. I hope Hamilton can knock off Calgary on Sunday.
Gonna be a 4 horse race with the Riders bringing up the rear in the spoilers role.

Interesting schedule though.
BC is done with Calgary and has 1 in the bank with the Riders. 6 of their 9 remaining games, including the final 5 tilts, are against EDM (2), WPG(2) and SSK (2).
Calgary is done with BC and SSK and has played 2 of 3 versus WPG. Of their 10 remaining games only 3 are within the division. They have LDC and rematch vs Edmonton and 1 vs WPG. Their final 5 games will be against the east.
Edmonton has CGY (2), BC (2) and 1 each with WPG and SSK. The other 3 are against the east. They only have 3 more home games left. The other 6 are on the road including 4 in a row after BC visits Commonwealth September 23rd.
Winnipeg has 3 sets of back-to-back home & away matchups. They have the Riders with the LDC and Banjo Bowl then finish the season with back-to-backs with BC and Ottawa. In between they get the Argos, Stamps and Esks.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:
Gonna be a 4 horse race with the Riders bringing up the rear in the spoilers role.

Interesting schedule though.
BC is done with Calgary and has 1 in the bank with the Riders. 6 of their 9 remaining games, including the final 5 tilts, are against EDM (2), WPG(2) and SSK (2).
Calgary is done with BC and SSK and has played 2 of 3 versus WPG. Of their 10 remaining games only 3 are within the division. They have LDC and rematch vs Edmonton and 1 vs WPG. Their final 5 games will be against the east.
Edmonton has CGY (2), BC (2) and 1 each with WPG and SSK. The other 3 are against the east. They only have 3 more home games left. The other 6 are on the road including 4 in a row after BC visits Commonwealth September 23rd.
Winnipeg has 3 sets of back-to-back home & away matchups. They have the Riders with the LDC and Banjo Bowl then finish the season with back-to-backs with BC and Ottawa. In between they get the Argos, Stamps and Esks.
Great breakdown Hambone. One of those good news/bad news scenarios. Bad is Bombers/Esks breathing down the Lions neck. Good is setting up one heck of a 2nd half of the season with a bunch big games for BC including 4 with Wpg/Edm.

Should help the Lions at the gate too. Montreal's visit won't generate much interest but the rest will although can't see the typical large Riders support the way their season is going.

Looking good for Bombers to make it 6 in a row with home and home with Riders up next. As a Lions fan, guess I'm cheering for Eskimos in their home and home with Stamps to keep sights on 1st place.