2016 CFL Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:Glenn looked good last night ... given his was OL is terrible. Hope he survives the season

Cato .. ok
Bridge ... meh
Adams ... brutal
Is Crompton still part of that team?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Still listed on the team roster.
squishy35
Legend

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthre ... reps-at-QB

Looks like Chris Jones was not too impressed by Smith and Coleman against the Lions..... Chiles is taking reps at TC for the Riders.
pennw
Legend

squishy35 wrote:http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthre ... reps-at-QB

Looks like Chris Jones was not too impressed by Smith and Coleman against the Lions..... Chiles is taking reps at TC for the Riders.
Was anyone impressed ?
CardiacKid
Legend

You should go on to read the comments posted on the post back over at Riderfana. Folks were surmising it actually was a trick play being practiced by Chiles or it was a wildcat formation. But the best part was Rod Pedersen getting lambasted and having new ones ripped for spilling the beans! Very entertaining....
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Chiles dropped two passes against the Lions so maybe they just want to find a new position for him. :wink:
CardiacKid
Legend

pennw wrote:

Was anyone impressed ?
For all the ballyhoo that greeted Chris Jones and his entourage heading to Regina with its incipient talk of a Grey Cup arriving in Riderville in a couple of years, if Durant goes down or hasn't recovered his touch from being out for so long....the Riders are truly screwed. How can any CFL team go without a decent backup or third string QB? Even with all the talk around Montreal's precarious QB situation, I like their overall QB depth better than the Roughies. Smith didn't look at all like he had game experience under his belt.

For all of Chris Jones' deserved reputation as a headhunter and personnel guru, I am really shocked they don't have a deeper line of potential QBs. They had approximately 25 tryout camps prior to tc. The 4th QB that went in for the Riders, Phillip Sims, looked relaxed in the pocket but his waistline seems to indicate he hasn't done much playing or anything athletic for awhile. God's honest truth, I thought he was an undersized O-lineman the way his gut wanted to burst forth from his jersey.
squishy35
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:
pennw wrote:

Was anyone impressed ?
For all the ballyhoo that greeted Chris Jones and his entourage heading to Regina with its incipient talk of a Grey Cup arriving in Riderville in a couple of years, if Durant goes down or hasn't recovered his touch from being out for so long....the Riders are truly screwed. How can any CFL team go without a decent backup or third string QB? Even with all the talk around Montreal's precarious QB situation, I like their overall QB depth better than the Roughies. Smith didn't look at all like he had game experience under his belt.

For all of Chris Jones' deserved reputation as a headhunter and personnel guru, I am really shocked they don't have a deeper line of potential QBs. They had approximately 25 tryout camps prior to tc. The 4th QB that went in for the Riders, Phillip Sims, looked relaxed in the pocket but his waistline seems to indicate he hasn't done much playing or anything athletic for awhile. God's honest truth, I thought he was an undersized O-lineman the way his gut wanted to burst forth from his jersey.

Yup. There is a lot of hype and expectation for the Riders to do well this season. But I just don't see it. They lack depth at Defensive back and LB. And, if Durant should be injured, whether its a 6 gamer or the full season, they could be in for a very difficult season. Not to mention that Durant does not have the go to tandem of Smith and Dressler anymore.... Getz is in Edmonton too....
Lionsfan65
Starter

squishy35 wrote:Yup. There is a lot of hype and expectation for the Riders to do well this season. But I just don't see it. They lack depth at Defensive back and LB. And, if Durant should be injured, whether its a 6 gamer or the full season, they could be in for a very difficult season. Not to mention that Durant does not have the go to tandem of Smith and Dressler anymore.... Getz is in Edmonton too....
Sad times when Rob Bagg is your best receiver. :violin:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The Argos cut Adrian McPherson. I have never been overly impressed with him but he does have experience and probably is better than what the Riders now have at #2. That would still give them a spot for a development guy at #3.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Chad Kackert is gone as well. Perhaps Ottawa
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Chad Kackert is gone as well. Perhaps Ottawa
Ottawa has lost William Powell for the season. They might scoop Jeremiah Johnson back up if the Lions don't keep him.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton looking good as they lead Toronto 18-6
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Two quick Argo touchdowns within 36 seconds have narrowed the score to 25-20