2016 CFL Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

I'll play devil's advocate....Maybe the Leos are the 3rd best team in the west?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:I'll play devil's advocate....Maybe the Leos are the 3rd best team in the west?
You're only as good as your last game, or the last play of your last game for B.C., Winnipeg and Calgary. The Lions have a tough schedule, even though four of their last six games are at home. They play Ottawa, Winnipeg back to back, Edmonton and Saskatchewan back to back. The home and home series with Winnipeg is crucial.
CardiacKid
Legend

The Rider-TiCat game has no bearing on the standings from a Leos perspective so I really shouldn't care who wins. But yet I still am hoping for a TiCats win...to bad it won't be the pasting they delivered to the Riders earlier this year. But they are doing pretty good considering their top 3 receivers are out.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders win their 2nd straight 20-18 on a field goal on the last play of the game. Now if the Alouettes continue their losing ways next week.........
Blitz
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:I'll play devil's advocate....Maybe the Leos are the 3rd best team in the west?
You're only as good as your last game, or the last play of your last game for B.C., Winnipeg and Calgary. The Lions have a tough schedule, even though four of their last six games are at home. They play Ottawa, Winnipeg back to back, Edmonton and Saskatchewan back to back. The home and home series with Winnipeg is crucial.
No kidding!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:
No kidding!!
Lions record: 6-1 vs East and 2-3 vs West

It's been a better season than expected so far with plenty of nice surprises but the jury is still out big time on where this team actually stacks up right now. Would have confidently said No. 2 behind Calgary about a month ago. Not so sure now. And even a 20 point win at home over Ottawa next weekend won't convince me they have returned to that status.

Lions have feasted on Eastern teams this year and it's not a stretch at all to say the top 4 in the league all reside in the West this season. Heck, even the Riders are coming on. As BC FAN pointed out, Lions get a steady diet of Western opponents after next Saturday. Fortunately they have built a pretty solid cushion but establishing some dominance at home is crucial in the next month.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Big shakeup in Toronto

http://www.tsn.ca/argos-cut-wrs-gurley- ... p-1.578914
I didn't see this coming. I thought Toronto had a quarterback problem, not a receiver problem. Milanovich is putting his neck on the line.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote: I didn't see this coming. I thought Toronto had a quarterback problem, not a receiver problem. Milanovich is putting his neck on the line.
Wow. Huge shakeup.

This fan has really liked Milanovich as a coach. I hope things stabilize.

Those guys are very big and athletic. If the attitudes are wrong, they gotta go.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wonder if any of these guys wind up in Regina or some other team. They can play.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

AFAIK they were all getting paid the league minimum so maybe there was no effort by the Argos to renegotiate contracts and a non professional attitude by these guys was the result.

Riders just signed Fuller so they may not have room.

TiCats need receivers and and one or more could play for the TiCats and likely commute to Hamilton for the rest of the season from where they currently live.
CardiacKid
Legend

Hazelton I believe has been a healthy scratch this year and has been shopped around with no takers. Gurley was benched for a game last year with the reason being publicly stated by Milanovich as an attitude issue.
This year the best receivers for Toronto have been Shaw and Spencer; I also have been surprised and disappointed in the play of the "Big 3". The example of how not to deal with various bad attitudes has been shown by Montreal for all to see. I wouldn't be surprised if Barker and Milanovich thought we can't go down that same hole.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

CardiacKid wrote:Hazelton I believe has been a healthy scratch this year and has been shopped around with no takers. Gurley was benched for a game last year with the reason being publicly stated by Milanovich as an attitude issue.
This year the best receivers for Toronto have been Shaw and Spencer; I also have been surprised and disappointed in the play of the "Big 3". The example of how not to deal with various bad attitudes has been shown by Montreal for all to see. I wouldn't be surprised if Barker and Milanovich thought we can't go down that same hole.
None of the "Big 3" have played a full slate of games.

Gurley - played 9 of 13. 36 for 509 and 5 TDs. Ranks #28 in the CFL in receiving yardage.
Hazleton - played 8 of 13. 27 for 361 and 3 TDs. Ranks #37 in the CFL in receiving yardage.
Elliott - played 8 of 13. 23 for 294 and 2 TDs. Ranks #43 in the CFL in receiving yardage.

Also all 3 are under 60% in terms of completions per targets.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Dusty
Champion

Hambone wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:

Also all 3 are under 60% in terms of completions per targets.
While I am surprised by the above stat, it may be as much a comment on the Argo's QB woes than on the receivers.....
squishy35
Legend

Hazelton has apparently just signed with Edmonton as per the reporting prowness of Justin Dunk on Twitter.