Bold Statement: Geraldo Can Play

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Matt Baker
Rookie

Spoke with slotback/wide receiver Geraldo Boldewijn up here in Kamloops. Heck of a story he is: Only moved to North America from Amsterdam 8 years ago, but he has really impressed early in camp.

http://www.bclions.com/2016/05/31/bold- ... -can-play/
pennw
Legend

That's good to hear . This guy looked very impressive in his very short playing time . I could see him being one of our starters . Sounds like we may have a pretty good group of receivers . With Jennings pulling the trigger , we may see a very explosive offence .
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

He might be able to play but where? Emmanuel Arceneaux, Nick Moore and Lavelle Hawkins are locked in as starters. Boldewijn is listed on the depth chart as Arceneaux's backup, while Bryan Burnham is backing up Moore and Terence Jeffers-Harris is backing up Hawkins. Both of those players have a lot more CFL experience than Boldewijn but none of the backups can get on the game-day roster unless a starter is injured.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

he can play, but can he dance :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
pennw
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:He might be able to play but where? Emmanuel Arceneaux, Nick Moore and Lavelle Hawkins are locked in as starters. Boldewijn is listed on the depth chart as Arceneaux's backup, while Bryan Burnham is backing up Moore and Terence Jeffers-Harris is backing up Hawkins. Both of those players have a lot more CFL experience than Boldewijn but none of the backups can get on the game-day roster unless a starter is injured.
The thing is , he may be better than some of those guys. If he's better than I think he should start . Nick Moore is a pretty good receiver , but can at times get into a rut and develop the dropsies . I can see Boldewyn developing into a dominant receiver if given the chance . Moore is as good as he's going to get . Hawkins and Arceneuax I would definitely want to keep as starters but could see Moore as being bumped .