Regina sports journalist tries to break Internet.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

When I saw the following tweet, I shook my head so hard I gave myself a concussion.

"#Riders might have the league’s leading trio at linebacker heading into training camp. - @murraylp #CFL via @leaderpost"

So it would appear the Green Kool-Aid is already being passed around the newsroom of the Regina Leader Post. The above opinion was put forward by Murray McCormick who apparently covers the Riders. So I have to believe he knows who won the MOP 2 years ago and what team has the past 2 MODP?

To say I was incredulous is an understatement.

So I now know who wants to supplant Rod Pederson as the biggest unintentional comic from stubble-jumper land. Or just maybe he wants to take the reigns from Brent Butt. Or maybe he makes extra $ by being a troll?

He needs to bottle what he is sampling and sell it at the Regina Co-op.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Is it April 1st today ?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Even green Kool-Aid drinking Rider fans mock McCormick for some of his asinine comments and questions.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Off the top of my head, I couldn't name one Rider LB so I checked their roster. I still didn't know any of them.
aklawitter
All Star

Maybe they do (although probably not). Nobody knew who Derek Wake was, either.
CardiacKid
Legend

aklawitter wrote:Maybe they do (although probably not). Nobody knew who Derek Wake was, either.
Yes, that is true that DC Wake was pretty much an unknown quantity but for the Roughies to uncover 2 diamonds in the rough (to play along Knox) who can be MODP candidates is pretty much a longshot at best. Maybe we could think of it as an example of Shrodingers Cat.....the Roughies linebacking corps is stuffed in a box and is simultaneously both the best and worst at the same time until the box (training camp) is opened and the linebackers observed.

For a journalist of any stripe, in any locale to make such a statement before training camp begins is truly foolish.

It did cross my mind that McCormick was doing his own trolling routine as per that knob in Toronto....hoping to get us all up in arms and looking foolish in our defense of the truly outstanding linebacking corps in BC.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

CardiacKid wrote:
aklawitter wrote:Maybe they do (although probably not). Nobody knew who Derek Wake was, either.
Yes, that is true that DC Wake was pretty much an unknown quantity but for the Roughies to uncover 2 diamonds in the rough (to play along Knox) who can be MODP candidates is pretty much a longshot at best. Maybe we could think of it as an example of Shrodingers Cat.....the Roughies linebacking corps is stuffed in a box and is simultaneously both the best and worst at the same time until the box (training camp) is opened and the linebackers observed.

For a journalist of any stripe, in any locale to make such a statement before training camp begins is truly foolish.

It did cross my mind that McCormick was doing his own trolling routine as per that knob in Toronto....hoping to get us all up in arms and looking foolish in our defense of the truly outstanding linebacking corps in BC.
Who is the knob in Toronto and what did he do?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Well the 2 guys the Riders did add are no slouches. Greg Jones was an East All Star and team MODP candidate last year with the Argos. Otha Foster had 57 tackles at WIL with Edmonton. They have significantly improved their LB corps.
Last edited by Hambone on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
CardiacKid
Legend

DanoT wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:

Who is the knob in Toronto and what did he do?
Check out this item for an explanation....
http://3downnation.com/2016/05/17/16252/
CardiacKid
Legend

Hambone wrote:Well the 2 guys the Riders did add are no slouches. Greg Jones was an East All Star and team MODP candidate for year with the Argos. Otha Foster had 57 tackles at WIL with Edmonton. They have significantly improved there LB corps.
I thought Jones was amongst that recent spate of retirees? I saw Foster listed as a DB in the Rough Rider roster ..... didn't consider him as a linebacker but he is tough. I can't think of anyone else in the league who doesn't wear gloves or tape or wraps on their hands or arms.
Yes, an improvement but as a unit working together, still an unknown quantity for a few more weeks.