2016 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

footballtom
Rookie

almo89 wrote:
David wrote:Ether the front office is woefully tone deaf or hamstrung by an owner that believes wins will take care of everything. :dizzy:
I believe it's the latter. My cousin worked with the Lions for a couple seasons. He says the club is incredibly cheap. I have a friend that use to work in the Lions ticket sales team and he's no longer there. Nobody wants to stay with a company if they don't think they will move up.

Yes that is right a friend of mine who was working for them in marketing when Bob Ackles was there said it was great , after Ackles passed away he left around a year later when DS came in every thing was done so mickey mouse.
footballtom
Rookie

Looking at ticketmaster my oh my ticket sales are bad for the Ottawa game same with the bombers game. I just do think nobody cares.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

footballtom wrote:Looking at ticketmaster my oh my ticket sales are bad for the Ottawa game same with the bombers game. I just do think nobody cares.
Might start getting some of those NFL types interested if the Seahawks offence keeps on at their 7-1/2 points per game pace.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
footballtom
Rookie

Hambone wrote:
footballtom wrote:Looking at ticketmaster my oh my ticket sales are bad for the Ottawa game same with the bombers game. I just do think nobody cares.
Might start getting some of those NFL types interested if the Seahawks offence keeps on at their 7-1/2 points per game pace.
At least they sell out and the atmosphere is not were you hear pin drop
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

footballtom wrote:
Hambone wrote:
At least they sell out and the atmosphere is not were you hear pin drop
Still the Seahawks are getting difficult to watch for a football purist.
Huge Talent
Starter

I remember around 20 years ago ( I was 16 or so) and you could buy tickets at Safeway for $10. I would buy a pair and bring my little brother. No we didn't spend a fortune at the concession, but it was two butts in seats, and two life long lions fans in the making. They absolutely price out the casual/potential fan. Those seats are mostly empty anyways, why the heck don't they sell endzone seats for $15? The DJ was a good move and also the screen which runs along the sideline. They add to the atmosphere. One challenge is that BC place is a piece of garbage by today's standards and is way to big. That said, they have done what they can. Oh, speaking of the sideline screen - Super annoying that it almost completely blocks the Felions! Grrrrr. Can't they lower it a bit?
dawg3648
Rookie

Hey Trolling "Soccer" Tom..get a life Idiot...and BTW... FOOTBALL here means FOOTBALL..not pussy soccer....why r u here soccer boy??.....obviously you weren't born here and if you think soccer will EVER be as popular as any of our NA sports you are delusion and have obviously inhaled too much of that smoke bomb on the walk to the "match"...we call it a "game" here btw......if you don't like our sports I humbly suggest you get your ass back to England where they follow this boring *poop*!!! ...Thanks in advance hater. Go LIONS!!
aklawitter
All Star

dawg3648 wrote:Hey Trolling "Soccer" Tom..get a life Idiot...and BTW... FOOTBALL here means FOOTBALL..not pussy soccer....why r u here soccer boy??.....obviously you weren't born here and if you think soccer will EVER be as popular as any of our NA sports you are delusion and have obviously inhaled too much of that smoke bomb on the walk to the "match"...we call it a "game" here btw......if you don't like our sports I humbly suggest you get your ass back to England where they follow this boring *poop*!!! ...Thanks in advance hater. Go LIONS!!
:clown: :clown: :clown: :dizzy:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Sadly looking like another tiny crowd on Saturday night. The Lions schedule is brutal this year and another Eastern team visit certainly doesn't help. The fact that it's October in 2 days and only one Western Division team has played here this season is ridiculous. But the theories there would be bigger crowds after Labour Day isn't materializing at all.

2017 season ticket packages and renewals have to be coming out very soon. How loud of message does there need to be that significant changes in price structure is required to prompt fans to get off their couches and back into the stadium?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

When the schedule came out I loved the fact there were five home games after Labour Day and no major conflicts with the Canucks. The team has been winning and playing exciting football. But the Lions still can't get any traction in the market. There's a sold-out NBA pre-season game beteen the Raptors and Golden State across the street from B.C. Place on Saturday. That's the hot-ticket event of the weekend. The Lions just face more traffic and parking woes as a result.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:When the schedule came out I loved the fact there were five home games after Labour Day and no major conflicts with the Canucks. The team has been winning and playing exciting football. But the Lions still can't get any traction in the market. There's a sold-out NBA pre-season game beteen the Raptors and Golden State across the street from B.C. Place on Saturday. That's the hot-ticket event of the weekend. The Lions just face more traffic and parking woes as a result.
I had forgot about the basketball game until the other day. Sold out in like 10 minutes to see Golden State no doubt. At least it's a 4:30 start so it will be over before the Lions game. Maybe the Lions can get the attention of about 20,000 fans leaving Rogers Arena?

I liked the schedule as well until the teams started separating themselves. That was the one bright spot about last week's game. A B.C. win in Edmonton would have put the Eskimos behind them for good and likely cemented them in 4th place too. The gap could be wider again with a Winnipeg win tonight and Lions win tomorrow but at least there will be some intrigue when they are here.
Right now though, the only remaining game that is going to generate some buzz from a standings perspective is the Bombers visit.

I sure hope the Lions have got the message it's going to take more than a winning and exciting product to get the fans back in the stadium.
footballtom
Rookie

When are you guys going to realize that this is not going to change Vancouver Montreal and Toronto are getting to big for the cfl. Just look at across the street we want the best here in any sport and the CFL is not the best . I am convinced that the cfl would be better in the small markets like the Maritimes Sask Calgary Edmonton Winnipeg Ottawa Hamilton Kelowna etc. these major cities are too big they have been for a long time. Out with the CFL there has to be something better they could put in bc place that would bring out more people.
CardiacKid
Legend

The Alouettes have a sell-out this weekend to the tune 24,000. This may be a misapplication of logic but if a team that is in turmoil, 3-9 in the standings and barely putting points on the scoreboard can draw that many fans then maybe basing a marketing plan purely on winning is misguided?
There must be something else getting fans out in Montreal? It can't be the fact they have their first Francophone coach.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

CardiacKid wrote:The Alouettes have a sell-out this weekend to the tune 24,000. This may be a misapplication of logic but if a team that is in turmoil, 3-9 in the standings and barely putting points on the scoreboard can draw that many fans then maybe basing a marketing plan purely on winning is misguided?
There must be something else getting fans out in Montreal? It can't be the fact they have their first Francophone coach.

I believe a francophone HC is a big part of the sellout an I posted about it in the Chapdelaine thread. The NHL Canadiens need to have a francophone coach and it might be that the Montreal CFL fans want one as well and a sellout is how you let ownership know.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

footballtom wrote:When are you guys going to realize that this is not going to change Vancouver Montreal and Toronto are getting to big for the cfl. Just look at across the street we want the best here in any sport and the CFL is not the best . I am convinced that the cfl would be better in the small markets like the Maritimes Sask Calgary Edmonton Winnipeg Ottawa Hamilton Kelowna etc. these major cities are too big they have been for a long time. Out with the CFL there has to be something better they could put in bc place that would bring out more people.
What's you point? We have the best we will ever see in pro sports in Vancouver with a possible exception of the return of the NBA. MLB and NFL will never be played here in your lifetime or that of your grandkids. No CFL or Lions in Vancouver = no football better than UBC or SFU, no disrespect to them. You'd prefer we have nothing.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.