Tommie Draheim Released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Draheim is gone, along with a handful of others...

Release OL Tommie Draheim (I), DB Kevin Cooper (I), DB Qumain Black (I),
WR Avius Capers (I), LB Justin Anderson (I), RB Sam Ojuri (I), RB Mikel Leshoure (I)

Bit of a head scratcher...Lowell Ullrich is of the opinion Draheim was doomed the moment the Lions signed Levi Adcock.
Qman
Champion

they kept the the 2 OTs they signed last month, must of had a good minicamp
Qman
Champion

as well, aren't we set at OL baring injury.

here is my 8

Olafiyoe
Steward (Husband)
O'neil (Thorn)
Fabien (Player)
Adcock

Steward moves to tackle in case of injuries
only change i can see is if wally takes one of the laval kids or the sfu kid at #3, then we could have competition at backup spots
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jovan Olafioye and Levy Adcock will be the starters. Draheim probably saw the writing on the wall. Veteran import linemen don't stick around as backups and the club doesn't pay starter's money to a practice body.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Disappointing to this fan. I loved the way Draheim played. Agile. Athletic. Mobile. Pile driver in the run game.

Whatever. Keep it simple, Dan. We will see ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
aklawitter
All Star

sucks for Draheim, but, that's the business, especially for imports
David
Team Captain

A little surprised by this move, considering that at times last year he was our best O-lineman. Not surprisingly, he's already been scooped up. Ottawa signed him a short time ago. That didn't take long!

Read that they're going to move Jovan to left tackle this year and have Adcock play right tackle. Then Hunter will line up beside Jovan, O'Neill at center and Kirby moves to right guard.

And the Mad Scientist strikes again! :roar:

While it's all intriguing, it could be a solution looking for a problem as I didn't think this unit played badly last year. I could have lived with Adcock and Draheim battling it out in preseason at LT. This could all blow up if too many guys are playing out of their familiar positions.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:This could all blow up if too many guys are playing out of their familiar positions.
Or if injuries strike at training camp the way they have in recent years. in 2014 and 2015, the Lions were playing rookies out of position and bringing linemen in off the street just to get through training camp. The Lions have 12 O-linemen on the roster, plus any rookie draft picks or juniors they bring to camp. They brought 15 linemen to camp in each of the past two years and it wasn't enough.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:A little surprised by this move, considering that at times last year he was our best O-lineman. Not surprisingly, he's already been scooped up. Ottawa signed him a short time ago. That didn't take long!

Read that they're going to move Jovan to left tackle this year and have Adcock play right tackle. Then Hunter will line up beside Jovan, O'Neill at center and Kirby moves to right guard.

And the Mad Scientist strikes again! :roar:

While it's all intriguing, it could be a solution looking for a problem as I didn't think this unit played badly last year. I could have lived with Adcock and Draheim battling it out in preseason at LT. This could all blow up if too many guys are playing out of their familiar positions.

DH :cool:
LT Jovan. New position.

LG Steward. New position, as he played college at left tackle.

C O'Neill. Stay healthy, Dude.

RG Fabien. New position.

RT Adcock. New guy.

OMG. This has potential for :dizzy:

If you cook up enough experiments year after year, it no doubt looks good on paper. But we have seen changes and tinkering many times since 2003.

Needless to say, it will be interesting. It will also be interesting to see how Draheim does in Ottawa.

"So ... Mad Scientist, huh? Well I will show you guys how the mad scientist operates when he really gets going."

LOL

Can it work? Sure. Can it blow up? Been there. Done that. In living colour.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Didn't the Lions try playing Olafioye at Left tackle once before? I don't think they stuck with it because he wasn't comfortable there.

We need to start a K.I.S.S. Dorazio campaign, but it is likely futile as he is a compulsive tinkerer.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:Didn't the Lions try playing Olafioye at Left tackle once before? I don't think they stuck with it because he wasn't comfortable there.
Yes
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

On the contrary, while there’s no such thing as too much O-line depth, that unit was an area of strength for the Lions last season after allowing 34 sacks, the third-fewest in the CFL and one off the league lead.
http://www.cfl.ca/2016/05/07/simon-lion ... t-improve/